》rejects《

River was humming along to the song she was listening to through her earphones while dancing along to it.

"What's that song?" Axel asked.

She just kept on dancing and humming.

"Hey girly." Axel called, taking one earphone out.

River glared at him. "What?!"

"What is the song you're listening to?"

"Rejects."

"By?"

"5 Seconds of Summer."

"Oh. Them."

"Yeah. So, if you don't mind, I'll be back to dancing."

She flashed him a sarcastic smile and put her earphones back into her ears.

Axel stared at her. "Don't you feel embarrassed?"

Feeling stupid because she can't hear him, he paused the song.

"What now?"

"Don't you feel embarrassed?"

She sat down beside him.

"Why would I be? I'm enjoying myself, that's important. And who cares what people think anyway?"

Axel felt that same feeling of admiration towards her like he did yesterday.

"Then why were you so scared  of what people would think of your voice?"

River was silent.

"I don't know. I guess I don't have much confidence in my voice. And maybe because I'm not used to singing like you do." River explained, looking at him with her blue eyes.

"Well, since people like your voice now, do you have confidence?" Axel asked.

"A little. Thanks to you." River said, grinning at him.

Axel flashed her a genuine smile.

"You're welcome."

---

Happy New Year!

This book has earned 137 reads and I just wanna say thank you!

Also, this chapter is boring I guess but the best parts are coming.

*self-promoting alert*

I've posted a new book! I'd love it you'd check it out and drops vote :))))))  <-- many chins.

Anyways, happy new year again! I hope you had/have a great new year! :)

x