Watched

Lucy pov

You know that feeling you get when it's like someone's watching you? No matter how many times you turn around, check around corners, but you see no one in particular that seems out of place or odd? But you can't shake the feeling? I've been dealing with this feeling for a while now. I don't know what it is. I've not told anyone at the guild or Natsu just because what if I'm just being overly paranoid? I've been kidnapped so many times now that I guess it's just natural to feel this way? I mean between my Dad hiring Phantom Lord to try and get me home, when I was kidnapped for the key to the starry heavens, when someone attempted to kidnap me at the grand magic games but got Wendy instead... I've been kidnapped too many times in my life. I've been pretty jumpy since I've started feeling the way I do.. I just walked into the guild with the feeling someone was watching and following me, again. I felt safer once inside the guild though.. but that eerily feeling never left me. Made my skin crawl. I went to the bar and grabbed a milkshake from Mira and just sat there.

"Heeeyyy Lucy!" Natsu cheerfully says as he throws an arm around my shoulders, forcing me to jump and spit my drink out in surprise. "Jeeze Natsu! You scared me! How about not scaring a person like that while they're sipping on their drink!" "Sorry Lucy.. Didn't mean to scare ya. You know, you've been real jumpy lately.." I don't wanna make him worry or overreact so I play it off, "I've not been getting a lot of sleep lately so I've been a little groggy so when you come up to me from behind me like that it just scared me, okay?" He kinda looks at me accusingly.. "What??" I question. He breaks into a smile, "Okay. You wanna go on a job today? Happy is off with Charla, Wendy and Erza on a job and may not be back for a few days." Going on a job might distract me enough from this eerily feeling of being followed I've been having. Maybe being with Natsu, it'll go away. "Sure. Why not!" I smile up at him. We walk over to the request board. "Man, these all look so boring." Natsu pouts at the board. "Well... maayyybbe this one? 'Help needed. A green Wyvern has been destroying our crops and livestock and injuring our villagers. . 100,000 jewel reward.' That doesn't sound too boring."

"That sounds awesome! Lets take it!" I walk the flier over to Mira, "Hey Mira, can we take this job request?" She takes a glance at, "Yup! No problem guys! Be safe okay?" I smile at her, "We will! Thanks Mira! We'll be back later!"

Natsu pov

Kinda glad Happy wanted to leave with Wendy, Charla and Erza for a few days.. gives me a chance to just hang out with Lucy by myself. I don't know what it is lately but I've just wanted to be right next to her. I can't seem to be away from her for too long before I feel like I need to see her again. "Do you think we should get any camping gear before we go? In case it takes longer than we expect?" She asks me. "Nahh, I'll take that wyvern out no problem!" She just rolls her eyes at me and smiles, her smile is the best. "Yea, okay Natsu. I still think we should just in case. Nothing wrong with being a little over prepared.." "We could always grab a hotel in the town the jobs at if we really need to I mean..." I notice she's stopped walking to look behind her as we were headed up the path to her apartment. "What?" I ask looking in the same direction she is, she takes a moment to respond, "Nothing.. thought I heard something. Guess I'm imagining things since I'm still a little tired. "Well, what'd you hear? I didn't hear anything? And I have dragon hearing remember?" "I'm not sure what it is I thought I heard.. but I guess if even you didn't hear anything I guess I really am just imagining things." "You're so weird Lucy." "Sshut up! I am not!" I chuckle at her.. it's cute how annoyed she gets when I call her weird.

Lucy pov

There's that eery feeling again.. What the hell? I turn around to look around behind me, and I could have sworn I saw someone a few buildings down peeking at us before he ducked his head as I caught a glimpse of him. He's too far to make out any kind of details about him but I couldn't have imagined that.. it could have easily been someone just going into the building as I turned around though.. right? I feel creeped out as I hear Natsu ask me "What?" and looks in the same direction I am.. I don't wanna tell him I think I saw someone cause I'm not even sure if I did and just tell him, "Nothing.. thought I heard something. Guess I'm imagining things since I'm still a little tired." He asks me what I heard and brings up that he didn't hear anything.. I knew he wouldn't cause there wasn't anything to hear.. I admit I could just be imagining things and he replies, "You're so weird Lucy." This makes me blush and stutter out, "Sshut up! I am not!" he just chuckles at me and I frown at him.. We get to my apartment, I decide to pack a few things for just in case.. I'd rather NOT end up like the last job we took. Natsu burned the map we had swearing he knew the direction back and we ended up getting lost for a couple days and had no hotels to go to and no camping gear. Nope. Not doing that again. Even if this job is relatively closer than the last one.. I'm not trying to be unprepared. "Okay all set. Let's go." "Do we have to take the train??" Natsu asks nervously already turning green at the thought. "Yes Natsu.. it's a two hour trip by train so it'd be much longer on foot. If you can take down the wyvern as quickly as you claim, this should be an easy one day job." He gurgles like he's about to puke, "Hey! Don't do that in my room! Out out out! Wait at least till we're outside!" I shout at him practically shoving him out my door.