Sparks

Lucy pov

"OMG Lucy that was hot! You owned that stage!" I giggle, "Ha, pay up!" I stick my hand out and she hands me 50 jewel. "Hey, a dare's a dare." I'm about to take the 50 jewel when I feel a set of arms in case me around my waist.. "Hmm you were really great up there Lucy." I looked back surprised but as soon as I realized who it was I gave him a disgusted look and shoved his hands off me. The girls curled their lips at him too. James. "What do you want now James." James has been a real creep since I met him. After I moved out of the nice couples house and into my own apartment. I bumped into him as I was bringing my last box in. *Flash back* "Ow!" I hit the floor with the box tipped over and all my books and journals spilled out. "Damn it." "Hey I'm sorry, may I help you with that?" I look up to this really tall young looking kid with glasses and almost greasy black hair sticking his hand out to me.. Right off the bat I got an off vibe about him and I was seriously irritated with him. I mean how do you NOT see a blonde girl struggling with a heavy box?? "No thanks I got it." I give a slight snap. "It's really not a problem for me." He brings his hand away but eyes me up and down as I gather my stuff and stand back up. "So just moving in?" "Yea. My last box right here." He chuckles almost nervously. "That's cool. Look I'm really sorry for running into you like that.." He pauses to run his eyes over me again. I feel my stomach turn. This guy can't stop looking at me like I'm a piece of meat. "Let me make it up to you. May I take you out to dinner tonight? That way you don't have to worry about making dinner tonight and can just focus on unpacking afterwards." Honestly going out to eat instead of having to make something with everything else I had to take care of did sound appealing. And if he pays? "I guess that'll be okay." He lights up and smiles at me, "Perfect. I'll pick you up at 8?" "Sure, that sounds fine."

small time skip

We're at a fairly fancy restaurant and have already placed our orders and was sipping on water as we chatted. He seemed nice enough, but I just got a really creepy vibe from him that I couldn't shake. I'd catch him eyeing me weird, like he was undressing me in his mind and it made me want to hit him. I kept my composure and acted like I didn't notice it any of the SEVERAL times he'd done it through out the night. Finally the food arrived and we'd finished up and he tries to order dessert as well. Look I appreciate the dinner but I'm not trying to spend much more time with this guy than I already have. "Oh, that's okay. I'm pretty full, thank you though." I giggle as I look up at the waiter. "Of course Miss. For you sir?" "Uhh never mind, I guess I'll pass on dessert this evening. Thank you." We pass him our plates and I start to pull out my purse. "Oh don't worry about it. I got the bill tonight." "Are you sure?" "Yea, it's not a problem. I'm the one that bumped into you remember?" I sigh and put my purse around my shoulder and prepare to stand up and excuse myself for the night when he grabs my hand. "No, please don't leave yet. I was hoping we could talk some more." He snakes his other hand into mine while the one that sat on top began to slowly rub its way up my arm. "I was hoping we could get to really know each other and become really close." He says in a husky voice. I rip my hand away and completely stand from my seat. Ew! "Oh, uh I'm sorry, I really can't stay. I still have some things to sort out at my apartment and really need to get that taken care of. "Aw, come on, you have all tomorrow to finish up.. whereas tonight" he gets up to put his hands on my hips, "We have the whooole night tonight to ourselves." He smirks and has lust in his eyes. I move his hands off my hips and step back. "Look, I appreciate the dinner. But that's as far as my appreciation goes. I don't know what kind of girl you think I am, but I'm certainly not what you appear to think I am." I angrily walk away from him. Not caring what he thought or what else he had to say. From that point on, he would find and use any excuse he could to talk to me, try to hang out with me.. even went as far as bothering me at work with "ideas" for an article. The girls knew about him cause with as close as we got they knew and were told everything. They got a nasty vibe from him too so it wasn't just me. *end flash back*