Temptation

Lucy pov cont.

We made it back to town and to the mayor to let him know about the wyvern. He thanked us profusely and gave us the reward money and we got a hotel for the night. Natsu was in no condition to walk all the way back to Magnolia or even a train ride with how bad the slash on his back was.. "Two rooms for one night please." I request the receptionist.. "Okay let me just see what we have here... I'm sorry it looks like we only have one room left available, I hope this won't be an issue?" I mentally scream at my luck but politely shake my head and smile before saying, "No that shouldn't be a problem. Thank you." She hands me the room key and I gather up Natsu and head to the room. I grab a towel from the bathroom and lay it on the bed before I lay him down on his stomach.. Natsu looks up at me and responds weakly, "Lucy.. what are you doing?" "Looking at your back.. Natsu, I'm gonna have to stitch it up. It's pretty deep. I'll be right back."

Natsu pov

Lucy laid me down on my stomach on the bed and saw her leave for the bathroom again, "Lucy.. what are you doing?" I watch her as she comes back with a wet towel and sits beside me looking at my back.. she placed her hand next to the wound on my back. Her hands are so soft and gentle. "Looking at your back.. Natsu, I'm gonna have to stitch it up. It's pretty deep. I'll be right back." I watch her head back to the bathroom.. It doesn't hurt as much as I'm sure it looks like it does. She comes back out of the bathroom to the bed with a needle and string and a bowl of water. "It's all I could find in the medical kit, but I need to stitch you up." I just shrug and say "Okay" She sits next to me and grabs the wet towel and wets it again. "This might sting.." I feel her gently rub the towel around my wound.. I hiss from the sting. She wasn't kidding.. it suddenly really stings. "I'm sorry.." "It's okay. You did warn me." She offers a small giggle and keeps wiping away the blood around it.. and I grit my teeth. Even though it does sting she's being so gentle. "Okay.. got that all cleaned up.. I'm gonna start the stitching. You ready?" I put the sheets from the bed in my mouth and mutter out, "Ready." I feel her begin her stitch work.. again being as gentle as she can she stitches me up one by one. She gets done and places her hand on my shoulder. "All done. You should be good.. Just don't bend over or do any sudden movements. It'll tear the stitching." I place my hand over hers on my shoulder and gently squeeze it, "Thanks Lucy. I appreciate it.. and you." I don't think I've ever seen her blush so hard before, "Nnno problem Natsu."

Lucy pov

"Thanks Lucy. I appreciate it.. and you." I widen my eyes a bit and feel my face go as hot as Natsu's flames. I manage to stutter out, "Nnno problem Natsu." I grab everything and return it to the bathroom.. I empty the bowel of water and rinse out the towel as best I can and ring it out. He appreciates me? I can't help but feel butterflies from his words. I smile at myself, and then scold myself. Lucy, stop it. Reading waaay too much into it. He just appreciates me for being there for him. I look down at my hand.. the same one he had in his.. I still feel his warm touch even after it's long left.. My mind starts to wonder back to the wound on his back.. It looks so bad. The wyvern got him pretty badly. I could have lost him tonight if things played out any different. What would I have done? I know he's not as hurt as he's ever been before but for some reason it was really getting to me.. something wet hits my hand.. tears? Am I really crying right now? *knock knock* I gasp the door knob begins to turn.. I'm leaned over the bathroom crying with my head down.. "Lucy are you okay? You.. Hey whats wrong?" He notices my tears.. "It's nothing! I'm fine." I wipe at my eyes "Lucy, don't lie to me.. look at me." I refuse to meet his gaze. He gently places his fingers under my chin and forces me to face him but I'm looking down. "Lucy look at me." I finally look up at him and his concerned face. "What's wrong, tell me." I look at him in the eyes before looking at his reflection in the mirror and see his stitching on his back.. tears are threatening my eyes again.. "I, I could have lost you on that job today Natsu.. I know that this isn't the worst you've ever been hurt but.. my fear is still the same. I couldn't imagine my life without you. You make everything better. You make everything fun. You, you make me happy. Even when you're on my last nerve and making me frustrated.. I'd rather have you annoy me every day than never have you by me again." I can't help my tears now. I have my head in my hands.. I feel him pull me into him. "Lucy. I promise you that I'll never leave your side. Nothing in this world can rip me from you. Or you from me." I lay my head into his chest and wrap my arms around him.