Anime and Books (Rori)

Who stays up late reading, and who sleeps with their head in the other's lap?

"What are you doing?" Ryan asked his girlfriend.

Tori was staying over at Ryan's dorm that night. She had been having bad nightmares about Lexi, it being the one year anniversary of her death and all, so Ryan suggested she just stay over with him. This wasn't the first time she'd stayed over, and Ryan was sure it wouldn't be the last.

Tori had curled up like a cat and placed her head in Ryan's lap.

"Sorry... I can move..." Tori stuttered, moving away. Ryan caught her head and gently put it back down into his lap. Unlike his partner, he didn't feel like sleeping yet, and he expected he would be binging Anime tonight.

"You're fine." Ryan laughed. Tori smiled at him and snuggled into his stomach, closing her eyes.

Ryan shifted, pulling out his laptop and balancing it on his knees.

'What to watch?' Ryan wondered to himself. 'Maybe some Fairytale tonight...' He determined silently.

Tori was quickly fast asleep, and before Ryan knew it, it was 1:00 AM.

Ryan sighed and put his laptop down on the floor. He slowly fell backwards into the bed, sliding down softly, as to not wake his girlfriend.

He wrapped his arms around Tori and pulled her up to his chest. She shifted slightly, then snuggled into him.

When Tori woke up, she quickly realized she was not in her room. Everything came back to her in a rush. She smiled at her boyfriend, still fast asleep.

'He must have been watching until late.' She told herself, looking over at Ryan's alarm clock. It read 7:00 AM, but she wasn't worried. The school had given the kids the week off as "celebration ceremony" of defeating the evil school last year, but most people could tell it was so that Mat, Ryan, and Tori wouldn't have to go to class this week, just like how they hadn't had to go to class this week last year.

Tori slowly sat up and turned on the reading lamp Ryan had but rarely used. She grabbed her book from the side of the bed, where she had left it last night in case she woke up first, and started to read.

She was startled by a whimper sound from Ryan. Without looking at him, she moved her hand to his hair and began running her fingers through his hair.

Ryan shifted, moving his head under the blankets along with the rest of him. As a result of the two being so close, and Ryan's submergence into blanket land, Ryan's head was now resting in Tori's lap.

Tori laughed softly, returning a hand to Ryan's head, and continued to read.

It wasn't until almost 10:00 that Ryan finally got up.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Tori joked, looking down at her boyfriend.

"I'm hungry."

"If we hurry we can still catch lunch." Tori suggested, putting a bookmark in her book and shutting it.

"What time is it?"

"10."

"What?! Why didn't you wake me sooner?!" Ryan exclaimed, sitting up quickly, causing himself to get a little light headed.

"I didn't want to wake you. We don't have school today." Tori shrugged.

"Mr. Oinker? Why didn't you wake me?"

"Oink?" Mr. Oinkers oinked innocently.

"What do you mean you thought I wanted to sleep in, so you did nothing? When has me wanting to sleep in prevented you from waking me up early before?!"

Tori laughed.

"Oink." Mr. Oinkers oinked, then walked away.

Ryan shook his head.

"Did you wanna get breakfast?" Tori suggested.

"Yeah... We may as well. I'm sure Mat is freaking out."

"Nah, Mat is probably still in his room..."

"I mean... Today is the anniversary."

"Let's get him and then get breakfast." Tori determined.

Ryan nodded. "That sounds like a great idea."

Tori smiled, blushing softly. "Let's go."