Chapter 2: The Wish

AN: OMG, I can't believe this! 😭😭 50 votes on first chapter, 91 votes overall 🥳 🎉 Thanks to all of you for your immense support! I dedicate this chapter to all of my readers who made this possible.❤️ Happy reading. 😊

Two days ago : (Kuch samay pehle 😉)

Roses come with thorns, lilies come with snakes. And dreams come with a price.

Whether one payed for it in advance or later on, it must be payed. The man who sat in the grandness of his solitude knew it too well. It was almost like selling your soul to the devil and becoming a slave to your wish.

The curtains of his study were drawn filtering out any light that was left in the day. The lights turned off. Smoke from his cigar took the shape of an O and vanished into thin air. So near yet so far.

He had been paying his price for the last 29 years, risking everything he had. He had been very patient and meticulous, planning and executing each detail with care and caution. And all for whom? The lady he so dearly loved.

But with age catching up, time was slipping away from his hands like sand. Whatever that had to be done must be done faster. Or he would never taste success in spite of years of toiling.

A successful businessman is a good opportunist. It's now or never.

Gauri was stitching outfits for the temple on the green recliner in her room

Gauri was stitching outfits for the temple on the green recliner in her room. The door was slightly ajar. Omkara was in the hall speaking to someone on the phone. Lately, he was behaving somewhat odd.

They hadn't spoken to each other properly for a week. He would leave early in the morning and return late. If he returned early, he would be mostly on his phone. Of course, he said he was busy with work. But she thought he was hiding something and avoiding her. Very unlike him.

You cannot trust Oberoi men. Her arch-enemy Svetlana had said. The needle pricked her dainty fingers. She couldn't bear the thought of this distance and left the room to be near him.

"Yes Khanna, it should be white lilies and red roses. Gauri loves them."

Omkara was instructing a nervous Khanna over the phone for Gauri's birthday surprise. He wanted to wrap this up as soon as possible. Khanna, on the other hand, was getting fidgety in the absence of his boss Shivaay sir.