39

I walked into the Williams mansion, and at once I took notice of the figure of Cameron in the living room, a glass in his hands, while he gulped down the lot of drink in it.

He turned to me the instant I walked in, eyes lingering on my figure. For a moment, I was glad to find him there. I sure needed to talk to him about what he said in school, cause ever since what happened, that very moment was all I thought about.

"Cameron" I called his name, moving towards his figure.

He paused at the sound of my voice, eyes staring on at me.

"I know you weren't serious about the whole prom thing" I began, taking a brief pause in between my words "but I just wanted to thank you for saving me from that humili....."

"I was being serious about it" He said interrupting me.

"I meant what I said" He added.

"You thought I was kidding?" He asked immediately.

"Well I thought you asked me just to save me from.... You know.... Savannah and her friend" I spoke quietly.

At my utterance, he moved few steps closer, eyes focused onwards.

"I was being serious, Nia"

He was silent for a moment, and then he spoke.

"I'm asking you now, Nia. There's no one here, so there's no reason for you to think I asked you just because people were there"

"Will you be my date to prom?" He asked for the second time today.

What deed have I been put in to find myself with much surprises on a fine day as today.

He stared into my eyes awaiting my response.

"Yes" I said quietly, smiling

"Okay... I guess I'll pick you up on the day of prom" He spoke, running his fingers through his hair.

***

"What's going on honey?" Mom called out to me the second I burst into our apartment.

Her eyes widened at the sight of me—breath heavy, chest heaving.

"What exactly is going on, Nia?" She questioned yet again.

"Nothing" I called at once

"I just need to go shopping" I dropped.

She watched on as I went in the direction of my room, not a word coming from.

"Since when do you go shopping?" She called out to me from the living room.

I'm guessing she wasn't expecting a response, so i remained silent.

Grabbing some money out of my drawer, I hurried out of my house, going to just one stop, the town's mall.