Part 4-Don't Tell

No One's POV

"How could you do that?", Kareem yells at his twin who's shaking his head as he walk into the kitchen for something to eat.

"It's not like I killed anyone", Kabeer shrugs.

"Well you killed your chances of going into heaven. You know it's haram (prohibited) so why would you stilll do it? Don't you care what mom and dad think? Or how much you are embarrassing mom in front of her family? They already judge her as it is, now you are just making it worse because they think SHE'S the one allowing you to go wild and that she isn't fit to be a mother. What is your problem?", Kareem screams with anger filling him.

"Mind your own business, Kabeer yells.

Abimbola and Rajveer walk into the house chuckling to themselves which stops when they hear the twins yelling at each other.

"What's going on boys?", Rajveer asks.

"Daddy, mommy", Salma and Saleem run over to their parents and give them a hug and kiss.

"How was date night?", Hamza asks.

"Lovely, have y'all eaten?", Abimbola asks them.

"Yeah".

"Okay. Go to your rooms", she adds as she places her bag down on the table.

"Now boys, what is the matter? Why are you two yelling at each other?", Rajveer asks.

Kabeer stares at Karem with a stern daring look  but Kareem could care less.

"Mommy, daddy, Kabeer went out with some girl and I think he lost his virginity", Kareem blurts then he runs up the stairs to his room as Kabeer was about to hit him.

"KABEER", Abimbola screams.

Kabeer frowns then looks away.

"Please say it's a lie", she whispers.

"I didn't lose my virginity", he mumbles.

"THEN? WHAT DID YOU LOSE?", she yells.

His phone suddenly starts vibrating signalling the multiple income of messages. He bites his lip and looks at his parents nervously.

"Kabeer, I asked you a question", his mother whispers calmly.

"We just kissed...that's all".

Abimbola shuts her eyes slowly then sits down without another word.

"Bring your phone and laptop and you are grounded", she says with a finalised tone which means it was not up for discussion.

"Get out", she adds.

Kabeer looks at his father who has not spoken a word sinse the beginnig of the conversation. He stomps up the stais and Rajveer turns to his wife once he was out of sight.

"Babe, that was uncalled for".

"Uncalled for? He went against th-".

"I know but he's also a teenager and he has feelings and needs as a teen. We can't handle him like that knowing that he's going to have raging hormones. We have to look at this at another angle becasue punishing him will not help him or us. Right now he probably thinks of Islam as a bunch of rules and regulations. We have to help him adjusyt and understand the rules but not like this", he explains,

She looks at him then sighs knowing that he was right.

"So what do we do?".

"Take it step by step and consult the elders".