Chapter 5- Lessons

The next day, James and Sirius were having a snowball fight while Remus just laid down in his already made snow angel. Lily was reading against a tree and Peter was building a snow wall.

"Moony, what are you doing?" James asked.

"I'm embracing the snow. It's empty, like my soul."

"Oh come on Moony don't get so emo on me." Sirius said.

"Are you guys going to study at all? Well, I know Remus studies, but what about the rest of you?" Lily asked.

"Alright stop nagging us Lils. What do we have tomorrow?" James asked.

"I think Care of Magical Creatures, Herbology, Potions, DADA, and Transfiguration." Lily said. (I honestly don't care if this schedule is wrong)

"Pfft we don't really need to study for that. What's the worst that could happen?" Sirius asked.

The Marauders and Lily walked down with the Griffindors down to the edge of the Forbidden Forest to see Hagrid coming out of it.

"Blimey, what happened to Hagrid?" James commented.

"He looks like he was in a brawl." Sirius commented. As they walked over, they could hear a boy complaining about going near the forest.

"Ha what a wimp." James said. The class followed Hagrid who led them to a shaded area. 

"Here they are!" The thesterals came out. Most people couldn't see them except Harry, a slytherin, Neville, Remus, and Sirius.

"What are we supposed to be looking at?" James asked. Lily gasped.

"Oh, thesterals! That's why we can't see them." She said. James just looked at her confused. Lily sighed.

"You can only see them if you've seen a person die." She explained.

"Ohhhh." James said. Lily rolled her eyes.

Two classes later and the four of them are heading to Potions. Lily was trying to convince James to go.

"No it's the class Snivellus is teaching and he's going to try to make my life harder. I'm skipping. Sirius?" 

"Yeah I'm going with James." Sirius said.

"Fine, but it's not my fault when you fail the Potions O.W.L." Lily said and headed off to Potions with Remus.

"You're not going to actually let them fail are you?" Remus asked as they sat down.

"Of course not, I'll just make them study." Lily said.

Snape strided into the room as they were talking and everything went silent.

"Today we will be making the Draught Of Living Death. I shall not expect any of you will get it wrong, but you will." Snape waved his wand. "Instructions are on the board. You may-" He stopped. His eyes had looked over at Lily and Remus's table.

"Who are you?" He asked. Remus tried to hide behind his cauldron.

"Oh, uh we're new Griffindors from... Ilvermony." Lily said. This was apparently ok for Snape, and he didn't ask anything further.

"Hey, I just realized something." Remus said.

"What is it?" Lily turned around.

"Wouldn't he recognize you? I mean since you hung out with him a lot." Remus said.

"Oh my gosh you're right. Let's just lay low and not give him any reason to get us in trouble." Lily said.

But Snape didn't seem to want to take points away from Griffindor. In fact, he gave points to Lily and Remus for their Potions. Everyone in the class was shocked to say the least. At the end of class, Hermione rushed up to them with Harry and Ron behind her.

"How did you get Snape to be so nice?" Hermione asked. Lily shrugged.

"No idea." Just then, James and Sirius came up to them.

"Hey guys, how was Snivellus' class then?" James asked. 

"Your friend, she made Snape be nice! It's unbelievable! He's always picking on Griffindors." Ron said.

"Maybe he likes you Evans." Sirius said.

"Evans? I thought your name was Mary Anne." Hermione said.

"Uhhh it is, Evans is my... nickname. Anyways, we have to go study a little bit so bye!" Lily said quickly and dragged the other boys off. As soon as they were out of sight, Lily started hitting Sirius. 

"Ow ow ow what?!" Sirius said.

"You- could- have- blown- our- cover!" Lily said. "Oh my gosh!"

"Lils, I still don't understand why it's such a big deal. They already know we're here." James said.

"Because we'll get in trouble Potter! Why don't any of you understand that? Or we could be stuck here and I don't know- probably die! I don't even know how we're here, because Time-Turners are supposed to go BACK not FORWARDS. Ugh, I can't deal with you guys right now." Lily stormed off to DADA.

"Now you've really set her off mate." Sirius said.

The rest of the Marauders left for DADA, running into Peter on the way.

"Peter, where have you been?" Remus asked. 

"In the kitchens, I just set up a prank." He replied.

"Nicee Peter. Finally pulling off a prank by yourself." Sirius said and high-fived him.

"What's up with Prongs?" Peter said, pointing out James' grumpy mood.

"He's just had a row with Evans. Kind of." Sirius explained as they walked in the classroom. They were some of the last people to arrive, so they had to split up. James, Sirius, and Peter sat at the other room as Remus sat on the opposite. He took a seat next to Lily.

"Lily? Are you ok?" Remus asked. 

"Yeah, let's just get through this lesson." She said. A woman in a pink dress then entered the room.

"Wands away. There will be no need to talk." There was no shuffling. No one had taken their wands out. She then proceeded to give them an assignment from something in their textbook.

"This class is boring, isn't it?" Harry asked Remus, who was next to him. 

"Oh, um..." 

"It's ok, I'm not going to tell on you. Almost everyone hates her here because she works with the ministry. She even despises some our old teachers, like Professor Lupin." Harry said. Remus almost fell out of his chair. Lily looked over at him. 

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah I just- never mind" He told her.

And that's when Hermione started getting even more suspicious.