The First Kiss (ShuMako)

Sorry this is so short and different, I just wanted to try my hand at a shumako fic, even though I'm a shuann man haha - and there will be fluff!

My Twitter is GNWrites for updates!! Please follow!

~~~~~~~

Akira yawned loudly as he let his pen fall from his hand, tapping gently against the bench.

"Come on, we're almost finished! Just a few more problems and we'll be done," Makoto sighed, letting her own pen clang against the table.

"I know, but.." Akira almost whined, cringing as he realized, "I just can't stay focused tonight.."

Makoto sighed again, looking in sympathy at Akira, the leader of the Phantom Thieves and young student living a double life.

As the two sat in the empty downstairs Leblanc, the sun having set quite a while ago, the girl contemplated.

She'd offered to come and help Akira study, as he'd said he was falling behind due to Phantom Thief work. But she never thought too hard on why. He'd been doing it all this time, why only now was he letting himself slip?

"You're tired, aren't you?" Makoto asked, slightly tilting her head to one side.

"Yeah, I guess so.." Akira rubbed his eyes under his glasses before stretching in his seat.

"I don't just mean right now, I mean in general. We've been working hard lately, it's catching up to you, huh?"

Akira let out a slow, deep sigh, nodding slowly. He then let his head fall to the cafe table with a light bang, groaning.

"I thought I could keep up but it's just so hard."

Makoto froze. She'd never seen Akira so vulnerable. He'd never admitted to anyone before that he was struggling. Yet here he was opening up to her. A small smile tugged at her lips as she formulated a plan.

"Hey, come here for a minute," her voice made the boy raise his head, and she smiled warmly at him.

"Huh?"

"Come and sit with me," she reiterated, patting the booth seat beside her.

Akira looked a little confused, but complied. He slid out of one side of the booth and in next to Makoto, who moved down the far end of the seat.

"Lay down a minute," she patted her lap, and Akira raised an eyebrow, "it's alright, just do it."

The lanky teen complied once again, his long legs hanging off the end of the seat as he came to rest his fluffy head in her lap. Makoto quietly removed his glasses, sitting them on the table.

As she studied his eyes that were scanning her own face, she saw the dark circles underneath them, and saw how tired he really was.

Akira's eyes closed softly as Makoto reached a hand into his mass of hair, gently scratching around to soothe him. A small smile pulled at his lips, and a bigger one crossed Makoto's face as she saw this.

"Thank you," he mumbled, almost half asleep already.

"For what?" she smiled down at him as he opened his eyes again.

"For being you," he replied.

It was then that his own hand reached up, cupping Makoto's face before sliding around to the back of her head. He carefully pulled her in closer as he sat up a bit, and Makoto's heart hammered in her chest as his lips came closer to her own. Then they kissed.

Time slowed, in that moment it was just the two of them, no Phantom Thieves or schoolwork in this reality, only Akira and Makoto as their lips embraced, sparks flying through Makoto like fireworks in the night sky.

It was a long while until they broke apart, both flustered and red from the excitement and maybe a bit of embarrassment.

Akira lay back down, a cheesy grin plastered on his face as he closed his eyes again.

"Sorry," he said nonchalantly.

"No you're not," Makoto giggled, returning her hand to his hair.