Chapter 12

Maria saw Shadow and Rouge but she couldn't really tell what they were doing, but she was determined to know she then went to the front of the house and opened the door gently. She looked around then got on her knees and hands as she peeks through the door. Maria then was surprised She just saw Shadow and Rouge talking. Maria was, so confused she just say there puzzled until she heard Shadow say he had to go. Maria quickly got up and ran out the door quietly Shadow then walked out the door looking around then shrugs as he didn't see anything, so he just walked off. Maria was hiding by the side of the house breathing a bit hard in confusion. She kinda fell on her knees putting her hands on her head feeling herself go insane "n-no it isn't true!" She shouted at herself as she wouldn't believe that Shadow would ever cheat, or cheat on her.
When Shadow got home he puts his stuff up then looks around the house "Maria?" He looked around the living room and the kitchen "Hm?.." He started to get a bit worried then he checked the room. He paused as he saw her in a nightgown reading a book in bed. Shadow kinda smirked as he sat on the bed with her, but Shadow got concerned because she wouldn't look at him or even say hi. "So.. Um..hi" Shadow said in a bit low voice Maria then kinda gave him a glare but just kept calm "hi". Shadow sat there confused about her attitude "I was thinking if you would like to have fun with me" He smirks as he brought her close to him. He thought this would lighten up her mood, but he also didn't want to sound like a pervert, so he kept it a low profile. Maria just pushed him off the bed on purpose, but she act like it was on accident "oops sorry" She says in a innocent voice. Shadow tried to shake it off "it's ok Maria" He smiles at her, but she didn't smile back she just looked at him blankly "..." Shadow then frowned as he say on the bed. "Oh I know how about we go look at the stars it is your favorite thing to do" He smiles again trying to get her to smile "No I'm good to tired" She faked yawn then lay on the bed turning to her side. Shadow looked a bit upset but just layed down with her "Maria you know I love you right?" He sighed, but she didn't respond she just pretended to go to sleep as she cried slightly through the night.