Chapter One

Sarai stands on the rooftop of a building as she shoots down alien chitauri chariots and soldiers. She spins her bow then glances down and sees Spirit running between the alien ranks, tearing them apart. She turns and notches another arrow. She aims and releases at a chitauri tailing Iron Man as he flies past above her. In a flash, she's notched another and sent it into another alien. They both drop from the sky. Iron Man turns and spots her on the rooftop, he banks, turning around to approach her. He drops down in front of her.

"Fury said he tried to contact you" He offers as he lifts his face mask, she peers back from within her hood.

"Did he?" she asks. "I never got any messages, just saw the hole in the sky"

"Well...whatever...Glad you're here now, Blondie" she snorts a little. "Where's your ginormo mutt?"

"On the street" she answers setting her bow on her back. He lowers his mask.

"Got reinforcements coming" he assures her. "Just you and me for now" she snorts and pulls her sword from her thigh. He holds out his hand producing a small comms device. She takes it and slides it into her ear, whilst she doesn't need it to hear, he will need it to hear her.

"Yeah, like that's a problem" she teases and then steps back just as she opens a black portal, she turns and disappears into it, the void closing behind her. She takes off at a run, passing by Spirit as he chases a chitauri soldier. Sarai spins her sword and cuts down two as she runs through the small group. She spins and takes out another one. She whistles and Spirit heads towards her, jumping over her head and onto a chituari foot soldier, the hound snarls and then sinks his teeth into the creature's throat, tearing it from his body. Sarai and Spirit are a well-oiled machine. Perfect in battle. Sarai switches back to her bow and loads up two arrows before releasing them, they hit their marks and begin to beep, Sarai smirks behind her mask and watches as the two aliens explode into a mass of flesh and blood. She aims her bow without looking, then releases, her arrow finds her target, right between the eyes of a chitauri. It twitches before falling onto its face. Sarai's eyes follow a quinjet as it blasts into the city, Iron Man's reinforcements, behind her Iron Man swoops down the street she's on.

"Wanna get 'em, Blondie?" he tells her, she can imagine him smirking. She turns and pulls her bow taught before releasing it straight towards Iron Man, he banks dodging the arrow which hits the chituari behind him. "Look at that, you do know teamwork" he teases, Sarai rolls her eyes a little, she's been vocal about not being a team player in the past with him, she prefers to work alone, less risk of injury, less risk of her identity coming out, less risk of people figuring out just how powerful she is. Flying up, Iron Man puts the following chitauri in view of the quinjet. Black Widow takes out a machine gun and fires at the chitauri. Iron Man heads back to the portal and past his tower's balcony where two figures fight, Thor and Loki, aliens from Norse legend. Loki fires energy from his sceptre, sending Thor sliding across the floor. Hawkeye looks out of the quinjet window watching the two gods duke it out.

"See them" Black Widow agrees, Hawkeye banks the jet towards Stark Tower and aims the minigun at Loki. Loki, in turn, aims the scepter at the quinjet and fires a blast of energy as Thor gets to his feet, he lunges towards Loki, tacking him down hard. The quinjet catches fire. Hawkeye maneuvers only one wing of the jet. They spin towards the ground, out of control. Sarai watches from the ground as Spirit pounces on an approaching alien. Sarai throws out her hand, gold telekinetic waves firing from her palm and wrapping around the falling jet. Sarai's eyes glow beneath her hood as she uses her powers to lower the jet safely and smoothly. Satisfied she steps through another portal with Spirit, disappearing from the street. With everyone okay, Hawkeye and Black Widow unfasten their seatbelts and open the ramp. Captain America runs down, followed by Hawkeye and Black Widow. Each one has their respected weapons in hand. The trio arrives in the middle of a four-way street.