Chapter Fifteen

Bruce wakes in his bed, his heart pounding in his chest. He is then instantly alert and awake as he seeks out Sarai. Some part of him fearing that it didn't go as well as it did in his head. That maybe he imagined the entire night. But he didn't. She's right there, sleeping at his side. He lets out a breath and relaxes, his heart calming, his entire being flooding with contentment and happiness. He is happy. He smiles and reaches over, finger brushing Sarai's hair back from her face. She's so beautiful. She hums a little as his fingers brush over her cheek. He proved to himself that he can be intimate with someone. He could have this. He leans closer and brushes his lips over hers.

"Why are you awake?" she mumbles against his lips, he chuckles and kisses her again. She reaches up and touches his cheek, his hand curling around her bare waist and to her back. "This is nice" She admits, he nods in agreement. "I've never woken up to affection before" She adds, he frowns and pulls back from her a little to stare at her, he finds that hard to believe, she's her and perfect and been around for 1,000 years, how can she not have had affection?

"What?" He asks her, she shrugs a little. "There's been no one?"

"Not really" She sits up a little. "There have been men....a few women, but...nothing special, nothing like...." She smiles at him. "This" She admits. He touches her arm. "And no one that stayed with me for the night" She adds, he leans up and kisses her. "Can I use your shower?" she whispers, he nods and smiles.

"Of course you can" He assures her, she gives him a quick kiss before she climbs from his bed. And she is not at all bothered by her nakedness. Why should she be? She's perfect. Every inch of her is perfect. Well, almost perfect. She has two scars on her back, on her shoulder blades. He cocks his head as she crosses his room towards the bathroom. "What are those off?" He asks her, she hums and looks at him. He motions to her back, she reaches over her shoulder to touch the scars. She smiles a little.

"My wings" She answers, he frowns at her. "Angel and demon" She reminds him. "Means I have wings, darling"

"Demons have wings?" He asks, she nods.

"They're fallen angels, so...yes" He kind of stares at her a moment. "You don't believe me?"

"No, no, I do" He answers. "I just..." He struggles a little because he doesn't know what he thinks, he wants to believe her, he learnt his lesson with the whole angel, demon....vampire thing, but wings....wings might just be a step too far for him.

"Would you like to see them?" She asks as she moves back towards him. He nods. Because who would say no to that? She kneels on the bed in front of him and smiles. She concentrates a moment and then closes her eyes. Bruce actually holds his breath, waiting to see them. They snap into existence. Beautiful, large, black wings with gold tips are fluttering behind her. He lets out an amazed breath as he stares at them. He can understand why she keeps them hidden, because something like that would stand out.

"Can I touch them?" he whispers, she nods. He shuffles closer to her, his hand outstretched towards her wings, they flutter and reach forward for him. His fingers brush through the feathers. Soft. Softer than he thought they would be. "So you can fly?" He asks, she nods.

"Sort of...it's more like teleportation with my speed but..." She nods again.

"Then why do you use our portals?" He counters. "Would it not just be easier to..." He motions with his hand. "Fly" She shrugs and then frowns a little.

"I don't know why" She admits as her wings shift. "I just do..." He looks back at her wings and touches them again. Her eyes watch his face with fondness. Because he is adorable. Almost childlike in this moment with her. He strokes his fingers through the feathers.

...............

Tony raises an eyebrow at Bruce who pours out his tea, trying to ignore him behind him. Natasha glances between the two of them from where she sits with her breakfast.

"Sooo" Tony starts when Bruce turns around. "Did you hear what happened last night?" Tony asks him, Bruce sighs and raises an eyebrow. "All the lights in the tower..." Tony motions with his hands. "Burst....all at the same time...." Bruce stares at him a little. He honestly thought it was just his room. Because Sarai....shattered the lights when she...reached her apex. He was actually rather proud of himself at that moment, that he made her lose control of her powers like that. It boasts a guys ego.

"That was everywhere?" Natasha asks. "I thought it was just my room" She admits. Bruce raises his mug to his lips but keeps quiet. They don't need to know about the real cause of the apparent tower wide blackout. The three of them then turn to the doorway as Sarai walks in, she smiles at them.

"Morning" Sarai greets as she pulls on her jacket, Tony smirks and nods, he's actually feeling very proud right now. Natasha clocks on and smirks too. Bruce is hiding his blush behind his mug.

"Coffee?" Natasha asks picking up the coffee pot on the table, Sarai hums and nods as she takes a seat next to the redhead, Tony sitting on the corner of the counter on her other side, he's smirking at Sarai.

"Tony" Bruce warns, Tony looks at him and raises an eyebrow. "Behave"

"I should head home" Sarai admits as she sets the coffee mug down. "I am rather hungry"

"I can make something" Bruce offers, Sarai looks at him, and he notes her look. "Right" He whispers, realising. "Not for food...."

"Blood?" Tony inquires.

"Vampire" Sarai reminds Tony. "Unless you're offering?" She teases.

"What the hell" Tony states leaning on the table. "I'm curious..."

"Are you serious?" Natasha asks him, Tony shrugs and looks at Sarai.

"How do you want to do this?"

"Give me your hand" Sarai states as she holds out her own hand to him. Tony sets his hand in her and she smirks a little. He appears a little concerned. "Don't worry" She coos. "You've had worse" She assures him as she brushes his sleeve up to reveal his wrist. Tony's eyes on her. He gasps as her vampire face emerges, veins creeping up under her eyes and her fangs descending. She lowers her lips and bites into his wrist. Tony hisses slightly as she feeds from him. She smirks when she pulls back, her fangs bloodied and clipping her bottom lip. "Mmm tastes like alcoholic" She teases, her vampire face reseeding. Tony shoots her a look as he places a napkin on his wrist to stop the bleeding. "Here" She stops him and then presses her fingers to his forehead, his wrist heals instantly. As if she hadn't just bitten him. He lifts the napkin and looks at his wrist.

"I'm not going to be a vampire now, right?" Tony asks her as she pulls her fingers back, she smirks and shakes her head.

"No" She answers. "It doesn't work like that" She adds as Steve walks into the room.

"You're here" He states with a smile seeing Sarai, she smiles back at him. He hugs her when he reaches her, a newspaper in his hand against her back, Sarai chuckles and hugs him back. He pulls back and then sets the newspaper on the counter in front of Sarai, she raises an eyebrow at looks at the headline, a photo of the Howling Huntress on the front with the title; Modern-day Robin Hood?

"Hmph!" She huffs a little. "'Modern-Day Robin Hood." She reads. "What am I supposed to do... Steal from myself and give to the poor?" Tony smirks a little. She pushes at the paper and looks at Steve who is smiling at her. "What?" She asks him.

"It's nice to see you haven't changed" He answers, she softens slightly.