Nobody Skips Job Day

Nia's Car⬆️⬆️⬆️

Nia's POV

I hear my elevator ring as I grin widely to see my big brother enter my office. He pushes the glass door as I rush to him and hug him. "Hey Bubby," he hugs me harder as we stay in that position for a minute before breaking away.

"I missed you," I give him a side kiss and hook my arms against his as we make our way out my office after nodding to Malia. "I missed you too, Nia" he smiles at me.
"How's your marriage going? I have to meet him you know,"

"You would eventually, you and Naj would walk me down remember?" I pout and hop in beside him. "Where do you wanna eat?" He asks. "What are you in the mood for?" I smile at him as he drives off.

Aiden's POV
I place my papers down my table as I look at my watch. I sigh and lean back. Nia is a very beautiful woman. She's got some spunk but she's nice once she's comfortable with me. I drown in those dammned brown eyes when she speaks of her hobbies. I found ou today that she loves traveling and kayaking. I smile faintly as I remember our small meeting.
I don't like her romantically or anything but she's a really interesting person. She's fun when very casual what more if we were close?

"Boss, Dylan is here," My P.A, Richard informs as I groan. "What does he want?" I run my hands through my hair.
Rich shrugs as my stepbrother barges in my office. As much as possible, I don't wanna be rude towards Linda's son. Linda is my stepmom and she's very nice, but I dunno where the hell Dylan gets his douchebag nature from.
"Why hello Dyl," I politely greet as he slumps down the chair infront of me. "She hot?" He cocks up his brow as I furrow mine in confusion. "I'm sorry?" I clear my throat. "Is the fianceè hot?" He annoyingly reiterates.

"I believe I'm not subjected to base it from her appearance, she's a woman with wits, beautiful, not necessarily 'hot'," I clench my jaws. You see, my stepbrother is too much of a sexist fuck. Which annoys me.
"Damn bruh, so she's not hot?"
I grin and bear it and not answer him as Rich hands me a file, sensing my irritation. "How's Mom?" I ask him as he shrugs. "Haven't talked to her yet,"
I furrow my brows, "You're the heir to her business and you don't know?" I ask him, clearly shocked. "I'll call later anyways," he shrugs. I just silently nod as Rich clears his throat, "Sir, Miss Gutierrez is asking if you would want to have dinner tomorrow?"

I seat up, "Didn't I just have breakfast with her a while ago?" I raise my brow. "She said that her brothers want to meet you," he explains as I nod. "Alright sure, what time?" I ask. "6:30PM,"
"Oh sweet," Dylan pipes up. "You are not coming," I scold. "Oh come on Aiden, I wanna meet her too," he leans forward as I dismiss Rich. "I don't want someone like you snarking out unnecessary comments," I hiss at him. Nia was known for being a very political figure before she could even hail as the CEO of her company.
"I'd try keeping my mouth shut," he opens his hands.

I sigh. "Fine," I snap at him as I stand from my chair, take a file and look at the time. 3:45 "Now leave, I have a meeting till 7," I walk past him as I get in my elevator and press 7. It lets out a ting as I walk through corridors and corridors of rooms and stations till I get to the Finance committee's meeting room.

"Where's Andersen?" I ask, my voice booming yet not scary. "He left early sir," one employee states as I take my seat. "And why is that?" I calmly ask, checking my anger levels before I coulf lash out to them my annoyance of a brother. "His daughter is in ICU,"
"The 35 year old?" I raise my brow as they all seat. "The 18 year old sir," she explains as I just frown and nod. "Very young," one of my distraught head accountants shake her head.
I jot down in my note pad, 'Increase Andersen's pay for 3 months,' as I hand it to the chief's P.A.

"Alright, did he leave files?"

"Yes sir," they hand me the folder. "Well then let's open this meeting,"

Nia's POV
I shrug on my lab gown and safety goggles before Maila comes near me. "Boss," she starts as I look at her. "Yes?"
"I don't think I could make it down the lab with you today, I'm sorry," she looks down.
I just nod, "Yeah no problem, why what's the matter?" I touch her shoulder and worriedly look at her.
"I'm pregnant," she smiles as I smile wider. "Congratulations!" I gasp and give her a light hug. "It's dangerous for the baby if you go in the lab, stay here and rest," I smile and pat her on the shoulders before entering my elevator.
I press 20 as it reaches the lab. I walk out and enter as the guard smiles at me. I make sure that in this lab, there are no animals to be used. I peer over my workers as an Erlenmeyer flask is placed atop a bunsen burner. I nod at our senior bicochemist and proceed to observe.
"Miss Gutierrez!" I hear a voice pop up as I move over to one of our thermochemists call out. "Good Afternoon Larry," I kindly greet as he pulls along a young lady.

"We have a new Biochemist," he points to the young girl as I smile. "Nia Gutierrez," I greet as she shyly nods and shakes my hand. "Elaina Grant," she introduces herself.

They get back to work after a few background checks. I get back to observation as some of my seniors are trying to make a new sleeping drug.

I sigh as I hear Miss Gutierrez. In 6 months, it would be very different already. I turna round sigh against my mask and end my patrolling and get back to my office.

---