PROLOGUE

People around him speeding up to avoid the rain that falls without any warning. Some open up their umbrella to take shelter from the rain, some used their jacket, and some used anything they could get their hands onto.

 Accept for a boy name Alexander 'Barney' Vines. He couldn't care less about the water, keep dropping on top of his head and dripping all over his body, causing all his clothes to be soaked wet. He doesn't know whether that day was supposed to be the happiest day of his life or not.

 Some would be happy upon hearing the death of the person that has spent their lives destroying theirs, except for him. It doesn't matter how much pain he inflicted upon. There no such things as hate words being planted in him even when this person has hurt him physically and even destroyed him mentally.

 Especially when the person is his mother, he couldn't hate her no matter what she did and said to him because, in the end, she still the person that endure the pains of giving birth to him. But that also doesn't mean that he wasn't afraid of her.

 All his life has always been around him and his mother, upon being told that the only person that has been around him for all his life is gone. Despite all the things she has done to him, the only person he relied on will no longer be there when he goes home. Will he even be going home?

 One of his worse fear has reached out for him. All his life, he tried to do anything so it couldn't reach him. He accepts all the pain, the suffered, only for it to come and swallowed him. And now here he is standing there with his biggest fear of accepting the reality that he was all alone.

-Helicarier-

 Clint Barton strolls down the hall while greeting some of the fellow agents. He received a call from no other than the director himself. He was quite confused since he was permitted to step back and spend some time with his family since even the team was on a break after the incident.

 "Hey, boss." He greets the moment he steps into the director's office. "What do you need me for? Though I'm given time to take a break?"

 Fury expression remains unreadable as he moved toward one of the seats in front of his desk, which; the archer accepts the invitation, seeing as it will take some time.

 "Sorry for the sudden noticed, Agent Barton." The director starts. "But it also quite sudden for us too."

 "Oh yeah?" Clint raises his eyebrows. "Why's that?"

 Fury leans forward with his chin on the back of his hands. "Does the name Lisandra Vines sound familiar to you?"

 "Nah, I don't think so." Clint shrug.

 "Then, how about-" The one-eyed man waves his hand on top of his desk and a picture of a brunette woman with bob casual hair cut projected. "now?"

 Clint stares at the picture in disbelief

 "Also known as Lisandra Tiboldt. Ring any bell now?"

 "How do you find her?" The archer expression turns almost solemn, then glance at his boss with a pleading expression. "Do you find her?"

 Fury sigh leaning back, knowing the out coming of the news that he will pass. "We did."

 Clint frown. "Why do you sound like you find her long ago? What the meaning of all this?! Why the hell did this come up now?!" He raises his voice in every question.

 "She's dead." The director bluntly states, knowing there's no way of sugar-coating someone's death.

 "Wh-what?" The archer pupil dilated as if he loses focus of everything. His eyes darting everywhere in disbelief. The woman that he loved, the one that he left 17 years ago, the one that he swears upon that he will protect, also the one that he has been searching for so long but gave up years ago only to be found out that she's dead.

 "There's an accident." Fury start. "The bar that she been working at was blow up, caused by a gas leak. She wasn't the only one in there. There no survivors. It's hard to recognize some of them, but the test showed that it was her."

 Clint remains speechless at the thought that she died, and he couldn't even be there to save her.  At least meet her and end everything better than what happened 17 years ago.

 "There's another reason why I called you here." Fury start.

 "What could be much worse than this? She died, and I couldn't even repay for everything she has done for me." The brown hair man chuckles bitterly.

 "She didn't leave you with nothing."

 "What is it?"

 "Not what, but who." Fury tabs his desk panel, and another picture of a brown hair teenage boy appears. "Meet Alexander Vines." He stares directly at the archer, who seems to be in a state of realization. "He's your son."

A/N: Annndddd here another story. This book relates to the I'm Not Broken but don't worry, I will try my best to avoid some spoilers and finish the other book as fast as possible.

I hope you guys like it. Please leave some comments and vote for it.