Jackson's Past

Hey everyone I'm back! Sorry for my long absence, I didn't mean to be gone so long. Several things happened over the summer that prevented me from updating, but even though my second year of college had started I'll try my best to update. I've also gone back through this book and fixed grammatical/spelling errors, along with plot inconsistencies. Again thank you to everyone who has supported this book and given positive feedback. It really makes me happy to know that people are enjoying this :) anyhoo on with the story!

I was sitting on the couch in the living room with Bex and Riki, the silence and tension weighed heavy on us before I finally spoke,

"Should we call Senri and tell him what happened? He's gonna find out eventually."

I asked the two teens in the room with me. Riki was sitting with his legs slightly apart, his elbows rested on his knees while his clasped hands hung slightly in front of him. He looked like he was staring off into space but I knew he was thinking about what to do. I turned to Bex on the other end of the couch and saw he had his left arm propped up on the armrest, his head resting in his palm. He turned slightly to face me when he responded,

"He's definitely gonna want to know about this. You said he started acting weird when you mentioned me acting jealous?"

I nodded in affirmation,

"Yeah. He started off just being curt with me. I was asking him why you, March, and Senri seemed weird last night. Senri was extra nice, March seemed more pissed off than usual, and you looked pretty jealous that I was holding Jackson. He said that Senri was worried about me and that March is always pissed about something, but when it came to you that's when he first started acting weird. I joked about you liking me and that's what made him snap, I guess. That was when I ran to my room and texted you."

He nodded in thought,

"Did Jackson say anything else?"

I shook my head. I didn't want to lie to Bex, but I knew the conversation about the drinking wasn't one I should have with him,

"No, just that he wouldn't let anyone put me in danger. I think he felt that you guys put me in danger somehow. He didn't say that directly, but he implied it. Why do you think he acted that way?"

Bex shrugged, running a hand through his ebony locks,

"Well, he's got some issues. As you know, he had a rough life growing up. Naomi was awful to him, which is why he avoided going home at all costs. He struggled with depression for a time just like most of us here, but he was able to pull himself out of it once he started running with the underground dancers. He was the one who'd mix a lot of the music and compose for the dancers. That's how he met March, who was an underground dancer and was also running from his home life. They really helped each other cope with their pain and move forward, which is why they're such good friends. You wouldn't guess it from watching them, but Jackson knows March better than anyone and vice versa. When March told me he wanted to invite Jackson I was a bit surprised, but once I saw them together I understood."

Bex shifted so that he was facing me more directly before he began speaking again,

"Don't get me wrong, Jackson and I are close too, but in a different way. We're more of partners in crime. Jackson and March were both trying to escape from something in their lives and used music and dancing to do it. That's probably why they understand each other in the way they do, even though it seems like they aren't close. they confide in each other about a lot of things. That might explain why March was so angry last night and why Jackson feels a need to protect you from us."

I tilted my head in confusion,

"What do you mean? Do you know why March was angry? Jackson brushed it off."