Hurt and Comfort (Ayumu X Akira)

(requested by saiji.rokudou on Instagram!)

A/N: Warning! This one-shot is connected to the official plot of Danganronpa: Re:Birth! Spoilers(?) ahead! (Don't worry. There aren't any spoilers for my story.)

Ayumu was heartbroken. Saying that the deaths of Saiji and Maiko bummed him out was an understatement. He had grown a huge attachment to Maiko. She was the first person Ayumu had met in a while who wanted to be around him, and didn't believe that his bad luck could be that bad. But she surrendered to Monodora's despair by killing Saiji. Then she was executed. Sure, Ayumu still had Seishi. But Maiko told Ayumu not to trust him. Ayumu didn't know what she was talking about, but he would still rather be safe than sorry. So now, Ayumu was feeling rather lonely.

"I guess I could...go for a walk?"

Ayumu sighed as he got up from his bed and left his dorm. He began to walk through the halls. He alreay misses Maiko's energetic personality, and her amazing dance moves. She really was the best friend he needed. But Maiko wouldn't be there anymore. And neither would Saiji. They were both dead.

During Ayumu's melancholy recollection of the dancer, he must not have been watching where he was going. He bumped into one of his classmates.

"I-I'm sorry!" Ayumu apologized.

He looked up. It was Akira. Akira sighed.

"It's whatever...Just watch where you're going."

"Hey, Tsuchiya-san. Can I talk to you about something?"

"Ugh! What is it?"

Ayumu looked back down to his feet.

"I was...really good friends with Maiko-chan...I really didn't wanna believe she was the killer. But the evidence was right after all. And seeing her cry like that before her execution, I just...want someone to vent my feeliings to."

"...I guess you're talking about me, right?"

"I guess. I know it's not in your character, but...could you try and help me?"

"Hm...Eh, why the hell not." Akira shrugged and wrapped his arm around Ayumu. "Come on, we're heading to my dorm."

Ayumu walked with Akira to his room. Once they got in, Akira sat on his bed, and invited Ayumu to sit beside him.

"I know you're sad about Kagura, but there's plenty of other people here who wouldn't mind being your friend."

"But...Maiko-chan was super important. Is she really that replacable?"

"I'm not saying she's replacable. I'm saying you can find someone else to fill the hole in your heart."

"I...suppose you're right!" Ayumu said.

"Ha! When am I not right?" Akira chuckled.

"Thanks, Tsuchiya-san!" Ayumu giggled. "I'm feeling better now! Maybe...we can be best friends?"

Akira looked over at Ayumu and smiled.

"Eh, sure."

Ayumu giggled again and gave Akira a warm, caring embrace. Akira was caught off-guard. He blushed and them hugged back.

A/N: I'm sorry these are all so short lol. I run out of ideas quick! Anyway, the request box is now completely empty! Please request a drrb ship (or an x reader) oneshot that you would like me to write for you! This is really fun!