3. Kaught up

Some time passed and in between those hours I was struggling to loosen the zip ties but it was only cutting through my wrist, I think they were bleeding but I wasn't too sure, my arms were sore and I think I was in and out of consciousness due to dehydration. It slowly became dark outside and the room was now pitch black, the only source of light I had was from the open crack of the curtain, where the moonlight came through.

I just want some food I haven't eaten since this morning. I'm hungry and cold, I'm only in basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I'm gonna scream, I know he said not to but these bitches need to feed me, I'M HUNGRY and if he tries anything then I can handle myself.

"HEY YALL GOTTA FEED ME OR SOMETHING AT LEAST SOME WATER MY THROAT IS GOING DRY OVER HERE, IMMA DIE OF STARVATION, DEHYDRATION, and MAYBE EVEN HYPOTHERMIA BEFORE YALL EVEN GET TO VILLAIN! AYYEE Y'ALL HEAR ME!!!"

I could hear heavy footsteps coming towards the room before the door was opened and I guy came in. He was a lot younger than the leader, still Latino, he had a bottle of water and a bag of chips in one hand with a knife in the other. He placed both the water and the chip on the nightstand and started to walk towards me with the knife.

"Aye, listen, man, I'm sorry I screamed but a gurl gotta eat right! Come on don't do this, what are you going to do with that knife! Come any closer and imma Karate chop you in the neck with my foot! I'm a black belt in street fight ese, TRY ME BITCH!"

At this point, I was trying really hard to free myself from the zip ties and my legs were moving left and right trying to keep the guy with the knife away from me. My wrists were burning but I didn't care.

I wasn't planning on dying today! I got shit I wanna do.

I could feel the warm blood from my wrist all over my arms and hands now, but that didn't stop me from fighting.

The Dark-haired guy looked shocked at my struggle, he had wide eyes as he stayed frozen just staring at me flaying my legs about as I shook my body like a crazy person trying to get free.

I could feel tears in my eyes begin to form due to the immense fear I was feeling right now.

I am not dying today! Hell no!

In the midst of my chaotic protest, I didn't notice that the young man had walked out of the room, only to have an older man run into the room with the exact same knife in hand. The older man quickly walked towards me and puts his hand around my throat just as fast, making me freeze instantly, my wide tear-stained eyes staring at his dark ones.

"If you don't shut the fuck up and quit moving I won't hesitate to cut your fucking throat callate!" The man said darkly.

I shut up instantly as the man reached up with the knife towards my wrist and cut open the zip ties. My arms fell towards the bed and I yelped in pain as I tried to move them. The man threw a towel at me and then slammed the door behind him as he left.

I slowly lifted my hands and sat up on the bed. I looked at my wrist and saw the bloody mess I made. I grabbed the bottle of water and drank some, then I put some water on the towel and began to dab my wrist regardless of the sting I felt every time I did. When I finished cleaning off my wrists I grabbed the bag of chips and slowly ate, I didn't eat it all though, if I learned anything from living on the streets it's that in situations like these, resources need to be savored because you never know the next time you'll get more. I folded the bag and kept it next to me as well as the water. I curled up on the bed and went to sleep.

I really hope Elijah comes soon.