Deep Space Part I| Jisoo

"Captain! the hulls shield capacitors can't take any more damage we're at five percent!"  my engineering officer told me as he was frantically pressing buttons on the console in front of him.  The Kruqanian ships keep on bombarding us with proton missiles this marks as the end of the peace treaty agreed by the Galactic Space Federation.

Reaching for the button that I would never press, I press the emergency evacuation button on the command chair to broadcast to the entire ship. " This is your Captain speaking, today 2432 marks the day the great USS Orion makes its final voyage in the sea of deep space exploration.  The overwhelming Kruqanian fleet has destroyed all of the friendly vessels and we are the only ship remaining. Soon now we will meet fate face-to-face, I am resolved, in the midst of this battle, to live or die amongst you all.  Let them come with the armies of death, and I will fight them with my very last breath. As my final order, I order the entire crew of the USS Orion to abandon ship and head for the nearest planet for a safe haven. When this day of battle has eneded I will meet you in the fields of victory. It has been a pleasure serving with all of you. God Speed" 

As I let go of the button, I felt hot tears streaming down my face realizing the inevitable fate that will soon await me. I look at the bridge and saw admiration, sadness, fear, and courage from my crew. 

"What are you waiting for GO!" I yelled at them and they all stood where they were not moving an inch. Looking out of the front window of the vessel I let out a sigh of relief as I saw escape pods leaving knowing that the crew of the USS Orion has gotten out safely.

I felt the familiar hands of my first officer rubbing my shoulders " F/n the bridge crew isn't going anywhere we're here to fight"  he looked at me with sheer determination in his eyes.  Looking around I saw the crew saluting me before they went back to their battle stations.

"Lieutenant Zao,  I want you to charge the torpedos and fire on my command" telling my combat officer. "Ensign Soo transfer the remaining shields to the hull, we're bracing for impact"

"Sir the torpedos are ready!" Lieutenant Zao informed me.

Feeling the familiar hums of the shield I pushed the lever causing the ship to move forward towards the Kruqanian ship.

" You are on a collision course" the alarm told me. Reaching for my back pocket I reached for the worn-down photo of my brother and my parents the day I graduated from the academy. "I'm sorry" I kissed the photo and neatly put it back into my pocket.

Nearing the hull of the enemy ship, we started to brace for impact

" Collision in "

5

4

3

2

"FIRE!"

A giant explosion enveloped my eyes hues of red-orange and white suddenly blinded me. I felt the vacuum of space surrounding me floating in the endless sea of ominous brittle silence.  The star of the galaxy facing me as I felt the heat radiating towards my honeycomb skin embracing its beauty and power.  I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep never knowing if I could wake up ever again.

--------
"Charge the paddles to 300! CLEAR!"

Feeling a surge of energy pulsating towards my body, I felt electricity flow through my veins. "The Captain is alive! inform the bridge NOW" hearing a faint voice before I drifted back to my peaceful slumber.