Silent cries of the heart in agony

It has been thirteen years since the news of his death reached his ears. He'd wished desperately in his heart for it to be a lie. He cannot die, he's Wei Ying after all. He managed to survive even when the Wens captured him and came back when everybody had lost all hope. He avoided death even inside the mouth of a four centuries old notorious monster. He must have survived somehow. Lan Wangji didnot care what means he used, he just had to be alive. He must go and see. Wangji himself was not in good shape. Even so, dragging a heavily wounded body he went to that god foresaken place.

He didn't even have the strength to move but he had to see it with his own eyes. Roaming around in that place for hours, he couldn't even find a piece of his flesh. It was like he had disappeared, like he'd never even existed. The pain in his heart had already surpassed the pain of his body. The realization that the man he loved so dearly was really dead had started to sink in. He did not want to accept it, did not want to believe that he wouldn't be able to see that handsome face with that cheeky smile on it, that he wouldn't be able to hear that charming voice calling him Lan Zhan again and nobody would come to annoy him ever again.
He was overcome with sorrow and regrets consumed his heart. What if he had been a little supportive instead of berating him all the time, what if he had not humphed and left every time he asked him something, what if he had accepted his own feelings sooner instead of suppressing them and being in denial, what if he had told him that he wanted to bring him to Gusu to protect him and not to punish him, what if he had told him that he would stay by his side even if the whole world turned against him, what if he'd just spoken a few more sentences? Different scenarios flooded his brains. He felt guilty for not staying by his side, for not being able to protect him. He wanted to scream and cry but the self restraint he'd practiced since young made it impossible for him to do so. Hiding his emotions had become second nature to him. He wanted to pick a fight with the whole cultivation world. His Wei Ying was a victim of their selfish and hypocritical mentality. They sang his praises and supported him when they needed his help but the moment the danger was eliminated and the enemy perished, he became a thorn in their eyes simply because he was too powerful and they had no means to control him. The Wei Ying he loved was a heroic being who stood up for the oppressed and protected the weak. He did what he decided was the right thing to do even at the cost of offending others and that is why he made enemies left and right everywhere he went. He would never hurt an innocent soul if he was in his right mind. The resentful energy had corrupted his heart and mind and a little provocation was all he needed to lose control over his emotions.

He'd always been afraid and that is why he warned Wei Ying time and again, against practicing the demonic arts. In reality, he'd long since anticipated that a day like this would come . He just did not expect such a gruesome ending for a man like him. He did not deserve it. But he is already gone, leaving his heart in shambles and the only thing he can do is wait. Wait for a miracle.

He's been waiting for that miracle for thirteen years now but to no avail. He would go to every place where there was even a little sign of demonic energy or chaos. He played enquiry everyday but no spirit seemed to know of his whereabouts. It was really like he had disappeared leaving no traces of him behind.

This time he went to another chaotic place like usual. His sect's junior disciples were in trouble and sent him a signal to ask for help. Little did he expect that the moment he arrived, he would get to hear a flute melody, an all too familiar melody. His heart rate spiked and he moved in that direction without even thinking . He didn't care for anything right now except for the fact that Wei Ying was here. The miracle he'd been waiting for finally happened. His long long wait had finally come to an end .