Plus Nine Boys

Hangeul: 아홉수 소년
Other Names: Boys Whose Ages End In Nine

Main Cast :

~ Kim Young Kwang as Kang Jin Gu
~ BtoB's Yook Sung Jae as Kang Min Gu
~ Choi Ro Woon as Kang Dong Gu

Main Cast :

~ 金英光:姜镇九
~ 陆星材:姜敏九
~ 崔鲁云:姜东九

Main Cast :

~ 김영광 : 강진구
~ 비투비의 육성재 : 강민구
~ 최로운 : 강동구

Plot:

There is a common Korean belief that anything plus nine (gu in Korean) is always "cursed" and brings about more hardship than usual, including the ninth year of every decade in one's life.

Gu Kwang Soo is 39 years old. He was once the brilliant PD (production director) of the nation's top live music program. But his fall from grace occurs when members of an indie band he'd cast drop their pants onstage and flash the entire country during a live broadcast (based on a real-life incident on MBC in 2005).

Kwang Soo loses his position and gets shunted to another program, a low-rated trivia quiz show. He is desperate to get married, but his workaholic ways leave him little time to date. Kwang Soo often thinks about "the one who got away," his ex-girlfriend Joo Da In who left him heartbroken when she suddenly broke up with him one day after publicly rejecting his marriage proposal.

When they meet again, Da In is a single mother whose life revolves around her young daughter Eun Seo, and they've just moved into the apartment one floor above Kwang Soo's. Kwang Soo lives with his superstitious older sister Gu Bok Ja and her three sons, Kang Jin Gu, Kang Min Gu, and Kang Dong Gu.

Kang Jin Gu is 29 years old. He is a tour planner for a large vacation travel agency, and he's self-assured, good at his job, and popular with women.

But he starts having to reevaluate his whole future when he falls into a one-sided love for the first time in his life. Jin Gu almost confesses his romantic feelings for his friend and co-worker Ma Se Young, who's from a small town, is outspoken and rough around the edges but very loyal.

But apart from his fear of being rejected, Jin Gu learns that his stoic best friend Park Jae Bum also likes Se Young.

Kang Min Gu is 19 years old. He is a hot-tempered high school senior and judo athlete. Min Gu dreams of going to his dream college on a judo scholarship, which means giving his all to win a gold medal in his competitive matches.

But an upset stomach during a semi-finals match causes him to lose and poop in his pants, and after that embarrassing episode, his judo ranking drops. Min Gu keeps running into a cute but mysterious girl named Han Soo Ah all over town, and he decides that they're fated to be together.

Soo Ah is used to having the entire district's high school boys swooning over her, but Min Gu's sincerity eventually wins her over. But Min Gu doesn't know that Soo Ah's hiding some secrets: her real first name is the country bumpkin-sounding Bong Sook, she's two years older than he is and attends a cram school, and that she was once a legendary cussing, tough, party girl in high school.

Kang Dong Gu is 9 years old. He is a child actor who became famous doing food commercials because of his healthy appetite. Dong Gu suddenly feels threatened when during a movie audition, he loses the role to a new rival child actor named Do Min Joon.

He soon finds himself in a career slump, with the other stage parents whispering that since he's growing less cute as he gets older, it's become more obvious that he is not good at acting at all. The precocious Dong Gu has also been secretly dating 8-year-old child actress Jang Baek Ji for the past two years, but Baek Ji dumps him for Min Joon

 The precocious Dong Gu has also been secretly dating 8-year-old child actress Jang Baek Ji for the past two years, but Baek Ji dumps him for Min Joon

Personal Rating: 4-5/10