⇝Chapter 1(Mina)⇜

Mark Tuan was the opposite of what you'd call a regular high school boy. But everyone saw him as a nerd. A lot of people...disliked him for rumors... And he did indeed have a bully. A bully named Jaebum.

Jaebum would always go out of his way to make Mark's life a legit, living hell. It may have been light things like telling Mark to do Jaebum's homework or it could be as bad as Jaebum leaving Mark on the floor with bruises all over him. 

Mark never did anything to deserve these kind of things and he had proof he didn't. Nobody listened to him though. Nobody ever did. Not even his own parents. 

He didn't even have friends. The teacher's likes him though. They might be the only people who actually liked him. They listen to Mark. They know Mark's story. They love Mark. But Mark doesn't seem to see that his teacher's care for him that much. Maybe it's because nobody has ever loved Mark. He doesn't know what love is. He really is grateful for his teacher's though. He would've probably had to drop out of school if it wasn't for them. At least someone was looking out for him.

Currently, Mark was at school on the rooftop. Nobody came up there because it was just purely, a waste of their time. Mark loved it up here though. He loved the scenery. The forest behind the school and the blue sky with all the fluffy clouds. 

Everybody was eating lunch right now. Mark wasn't hungry. Well...he never really was. He was just drawing the beautiful scenery in his sketch pad. 

Mark got a text on his phone.

11:30 a.m.

Mark you got 10 minutes!
We have some news too!!
Did you eat anything this time?

You know me :( 
I'm coming down

Mark slid his phone into his back pocket and put his things back into his backpack. He headed to the door and walked down the stairs to the teachers lounge. 

Jaebum didn't bother Mark around lunch time because Jaebum apparently needed a break too.

When Mark arrived to his destination, a bunch of voices yelled his name.

"Hey, I made you some tteokbokki. Your favorite kind! Please eat up Mark!"

Mark smiled at the elder lady. She was around her 60's and was probably the nicest teacher in the whole building. She loved to cook for Mark even though she knew he didn't eat most of the time.

Mark sat down on the couch next to the teacher he received the texts from, Miss Kim Taeyeon. But Mark called everyone by their first names unless he was in class. 

"So, about this news we have....."

Mark shoved a mouthful of food into his mouth while nodding.

"We're going to be having a new student. His name is Jackson Wang..."

It was understandable that Mark had just choked on his food.

Jackson Wang was a freaking idol. He had millions of fans. And he was coming to Mark's school?!

A literal dream come true.

But the thing was, Mark had social issues. How was he gonna talk to Jackson? Wait, that wasn't a problem. Jackson wouldn't even wanna talk to Mark anyways.

Mrs. Jung, the elder teacher, was patting Mark's back. He had eventually stopped coughing.

"So uh, why are you telling me this?" Mark asked them

"Well we know you liked him...and he could use a guide here. And Mark, I know you don't like the thought of it, but you're going to have to make some friends."

"Jackson Wang though? The Jackson Wang? Why would he even want to be my friend?! He'll catch on eventually. People will tell him things!"

"Hey Mark, calm down please." Mrs. Jung said in a soothing voice "We told Jackson the....so called 'complications' you've had here. He knows they're fake."

"O-Okay...uh..when is he gonna be here?"

Taeyeon let out a nervous laugh "Um..tomorrow.....We wanted to surprise you!"

What the fuck was even oxygen anymore (ha stan jackson wang).

Mark just sat there, with no emotion. He would be showing Jackson Wang, the Jackson Wang, around his school. Tomorrow! 

"We do have another question before you go to class though. Jackson would like to hear some of your music. We kinda told him about you..."

"Absolutely not!"

Then Mark yeeted to his next class.