Dry Eyes (Holes X-Ray FanFic)

Pup's POV

After being yelled at by Mr.Sir and finishing our holes we headed back to camp, together. Once we were close to the tent I ditched the boys and headed towards the office peaking my head in. "Um Dr.Pandenski? How am I supposed to shower with all these boys?" He looked up form his papers and grabbed his radio, "Uh Warden how is this girl supposed to shower with all these boys surrounding her?" After some time a female voice came across, "Bring her here."

I followed Dr.Pandenski to the Wardens cabin with eyes following me. When I walked in I let out a heavy breath taking in the AC. The Warden had fiery red hair surrounding her tall slender body. "Shower is in there. Don't use anything or steal I will notice." 

I started the shower and washed my hair fist feeling the sand wash into the drain. I scrubbed my armpits and jumped out before anyone could cut the water off. I didn't even have time to let the water heat up. 

I dressed back into my clothes and walked out with my hair still soaking wet. "Thank you ma'am." I kept my head down and walked out the Warden's cabin without her permission, I doubted I needed it to leave. Walking into D tent I saw X-Ray sitting on his bed looking at the floor. 

"Hey X-Ray. Where are th-" "Can you leave me alone?" I was shocked by his attitude, he was usually nice to me. "What the hell did I do?" "You're driving me crazy!" He stood and I saw in his eye he looked like he wanted to punch me. "You keep making me think about the future, you keep making me think about you!" 

I couldn't speak, what was he trying to say? "X, I uh I'm confused. How am I making you think about me?" "You just do." He was only a few inches from my face, he was staring into my eyes and pulled his hand through my hair. I heard footsteps outside the tent and backed away to lay on my bed. 

The other boys walked into the tent and started talking, "Hey Pup why'd you go into the Warden's cabin?" Armpit asked me trying to lay on me, "Shower which is something you need." "Awh Pup you don't mean that." He tried to hug me, from the corner of my eyes I saw X-Ray walk out the tent. 

"Pit get off the poor girl, she probably wants to vomit with your stench." The boys continued to bag on each other while I laid in my bed. What was X-Ray trying to say to me? What did those looks he always gave me mean?

X-Ray's POV

Everyone was taking shelter from the hot sun, I didn't care I had her on my mind all the time now. It wasn't like she gave me a boner and that's all she did that and made my mind race with my stomach flipping with it. Her eyes were so full of just heart, she wasn't drained from feelings yet like the rest of us were. 

'Stop falling for her she probably has people waiting at home for her.'

"X!" I whipped around and saw her running toward me, then I saw it. "Pup stop!" She stopped quickly and stared at me confused, "There's a yellow spotted lizard right beside you." She looked down and looked up at me again. "He won't hurt me." 

She did the craziest thing I had ever seen, she picked up the lizard and it didn't bite her. It seemed to relax in her hand. "Mr.Sir!" I hadn't yelled so loud before in a long time. He came running out with his pistol already drawn. I pointed to Pup who seemed to be rubbing the lizards back. 

"Little lady put that lizard down." Pup looked up from the lizard and put the lizard on the ground who crawled right back onto her leg. "Mr.Sir do you have some beef jerky?" He nodded a confused look on his face with his pistol still pointed at the lizard. "Bring me some." 

After Mr.Sir ran back to the office, I was still staring at the lizard waiting for it to bite her. They bit everyone they came in contact to, why wasn't it biting her? Mr.Sir had a plastic grocery bag in his hand when he came back, "Throw me a piece." A piece of jerky was throw in the air and was caught by the lizard who ran with it in its mouth. 

Mr.Sir shot at it 3 times and finally got it on his fourth bullet. I ran to Pup and wrapped her in my arms staring at the dead body of the lizard. "Don't you dare do that again. I'll hurt you." I rested my head on top of hers, I felt her move it to look up at me. I backed away, "I'm okay X, just a lizard." 

I felt my eyes go wide, "Just a lizard?! That thing could've killed you!" She smirked, "You seem worried." "Shut up let's go back to the tent." Some people were coming out of their tents to see what had happened. As we walked back to the tent she walked closer to me, "What did you mean earlier?" 

"I have a feeling I've never had before. I'm not sure what it is." I looked at my feet as we walked into the tent, "What the hell happened out there?" Zig ruffled Pup's hair, "Ms.Animal lover here picked up a yellow." I pointed to Pup with my thumb, "No way and it didn't bite you?" 

"Why would it?" The boys all looked at her like she just asked what 1 plus 1 was. "Cause they're hungry little demons! Man Pup, learn the ropes." "Magnet just because they've bit a couple of people doesn't mean they'll bite all." She walked to her bed and sat on it doing something to her hair, she was braiding it. 

"You're the only one that hasn't gotten bit." I mumbled looking at her, "You're joking right?" I shook my head. She shrugged her shoulders, "Guess I have something others don't have." 

Once it was time for dinner we left the tent in pairs, my pair was usually Zig but I waited for Pup. We stayed silent as we walked to the mess hall and ate our dinner. For once I enjoyed the silence, maybe it was cause we didn't really have to talk to each other. Her face expression said everything and even more than her mouth did. 

Pup's POV

The boys went to the rec room after dinner, I wanted to nap so I headed back to the tent. Laying on my bed I sighed, I wondered if my sister was even thinking of me. Someone else walked into the tent, I turned and saw it was X-Ray. I opened my mouth to speak but he shushed me and laid in the tiny bed pulling me into his chest. 

I laughed lightly, "What?" "You stink X." He smiled a squeezing me, "I'm not as bad as Armpit though." I laughed again. "Aren't you worried about what they'll say?" He shook his head, "I'm the leader plus they know how to keep their mouths shut. Are you worried?" "I'm worried bout what Mr.Sir and Dr.Pandenski will do or say but not the other guys." "Yea, they should be afraid of you, making friends will yellow spotted lizards."

I rolled my eyes and buried my face deeper into his chest, he was nice and cool. Within seconds I was asleep in X-Ray's arms.