Chapter 21-Peter Parker, the Spiderman

Spider-Man swung to the Empire State Building as fast as he could. He had showed up on time, no earlier, no later. Cops had already surrounded the place due to the disturbance. The patrol copter shined it's spotlight onto the top to reveal the Goblin on his glider. Yuri was directing cops everywhere. He landed near the police cars and saw Jeff Davis, the officer that stood up for him. "Good to see you, Spidey," he said. "We've got a problem here."
"That's why I'm here, Jeff," Peter responded. "I need to talk to the chief."
Jeff rocked his head. "Yeah about that, she's kinda pissed at you after the whole thing with the explosion and stuff..."
"I'm sure she is... I'm lucky that I made it out. But I don't care, I need to see her."
Soon enough, she saw him and her face turned angry. "YOU!" Spidey jumped when she yelled. "You've got a lot of damn nerve to be here after the stunt you pulled!" She walked quickly to him. "Good men could have died last night. Tell me one good reason why I shouldn't put you in cuffs right now."
"The Goblin is Norman Osborn," Spidey said while cutting her off.
"What? The millionaire scientist?" she responded in a confused tone.
Pete continued. "It's hard to believe, but he took something that turned him insane. If I don't stop him now, he'll kill George Stacy's daughter."
"Gwen Stacy's up there?" she asked worriedly. Peter nodded. Her confusion turned into worry as she turned towards the building. "I owe that family everything. I was George's assistant before he..." She turned back to Spider-Man. "If you go up there, don't come back down without them both. Alive, do you hear me?"
"There was no other way I was gonna do it, chief." He looked up at Goblin looking down on everyone and shot a web to the side of the building. He only had one chance to stop Norman and save the love of his life. "Wish me luck."
Spidey pulled himself to the windows and ran up the side like he did last time. Goblin finally saw him. "Ah, the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the building side, but it would soon be known as the night that Gwen Stacy died...."
"NORMAN!" Peter yelled after him. He stopped and got into attack position. "Let her go! This is between you and me! Gwen is like a daughter to you. Don't do this!"
He let out a long eerie cackle. "Miss Stacy is a pressure point, Parker. "
Her fate rests in your hands."
"PETER!" she cried. Goblin grabbed two combustion orbs and threw them at Peter's feet. Luckily for him, he was ready this time. His spider sense activated and he leaped over the explosion easily. Norman wasn't paying attention after he threw them and Peter shot a web into his face, which blinded him enough for Peter to kick him off of his glider. While Goblin was desperately trying to get the webs off of his face, Peter ran to Gwen, who was still tied up to the pole on top.
"Hey, babe," Peter said.
"Hey," she replied, sweat mixed with tears pouring down her face.
He looked at the ropes. "Any way to get you out of these?"
"He has a knife in his belt..." she whispered. "He plans to stab me with it."
He looked at her and nodded. "Alrighty..."
At the same time, his spider sense went off and Gwen yelled, "WATCH OUT!" He turned and saw Goblin throwing the knife at him. Peter's reflexes allowed him to grab it, but before he could start cutting the ropes, Goblin tackled and started choking him. Spidey kicked and punched him away, enough to start cutting away the ropes. Soon enough, Norman attacked again, this time taking shots at Peter's gut with his spiked knuckles. Pete whinched in pain from the thick blades going into his abs, but fought through it and shoving him off again. He turned back to Gwen and began cutting the ropes again, this time getting them all off. Goblin reached for Peter, but he grabbed his arm and stuck the knife through his hand. Goblin shouted in pain, which allowed Peter to get Gwen off of the pole.
"Hold on," Pete said. "I got you." Before she could respond, Goblin jumped and shoved the knife deep into her shoulder. She cried as it entered her muscles. Blood began to soak her shirt. "GWEN!" He looked at Goblin with fire in his eyes. Before he could defend himself, Peter started pelting him with punches. Goblin didn't stand a single chance against Pete's fury. He reached up to try to stop him, but Peter kept punching him. Spidey ripped off his mask to show Norman's face with his glowing green eyes. Peter pulled off his own and let Goblin see him face to face. He held him by his hood and held him over the edge of the building. This was all too familiar... This is how he held his uncle's killer. He could stop Goblin right now and kill him.
"Do it..." Goblin said weakly. "End it..." Peter wanted to. Norman hurt Gwen. She might not make it. He killed innocent people, maimed dozens of police. Woild he ever stop? Maybe Harry was next...or even Aunt May! He could end it right now, but then he thought of Harry...his best friend... Norman's son. What would he think? He thought of Uncle Ben. Would he want his nephew to be a murderer. If he killed him now, he would be just as bad as him.
Tears began to run down his eyes. "I'm better than you, Norman. You'll get the help you need. I know there'll be more in your shadow doing evil, but I'll be there ready... I'm the light to your darkness..."
Goblin hissed at him. "What kind of creature are you?"
"I'm Spider-Man." Then, he knocked him out with one punch. "And don't you ever forget it." He threw him on the roof and ran over to Gwen. She was barely awake. "Gwen... Stay with me." He carefully pulled out the knife. "I'm gonna get you to a hospital okay?"
He picked her up and swung away. Yuri looked up at him swinging through the city and looked back at the ESB. Goblin was webbed up against the windows. She smiled and all of the cops and citizens of New York cheered. "Well done, Spiderman. Well done...."

Peter had got her to a hospital just in time. She was in the emergency room for some time, then the doctor walked into the waiting room to see Peter. He stood up quickly. "How is she?"
The doctor nodded. "She's stable, but she's lost a lot of blood. She'll need a transfusion fairly quickly."
Peter pulled up his sleeve. "I'll be the donor," he said quickly. "We're both O negative."
The doctor looked at him. "You're totally sure about this, Mr. Parker? We can keep her stable long enough to get her a new bag."
Peter shook his head. "I'll feel better if you do this, doc. Please." He agreed and took Peter to a room to draw his blood.
After a while, the doctor walked back into the waiting room and nodded with a smile. "She'll make it. She's awake if you want to go see her."
Peter walked in and saw her awake. She smiled. "Hey," she said.
"Hey," he responded. He went over and held her hand. "You made it. How do you feel?"
She giggled and winced in pain. "Sore, light headed, but otherwise okay." She squeezed his hand. "My hero." He smiled and kissed her gently.
Pretty soon, her mom and brother walked in to check on her. Peter left and decided to walk, not swing, home. He finally made it to his front door and walked in. Harry, who was finally snapped out of it, was there. He got up from the couch to see his friend bruised and beat up. They didn't have to say anything to each other. Peter just nodded to Harry's mute question and pulled his friend into a hug. Harry sobbed for a bit into his friend's shoulder until he could cry no more. After they pulled away, he saw his aunt waiting for him. She approached him and gently touched his battered face.
They didn't say anything to each other either. He looked at her, and she looked at him. They were thinking the same thing. As tears filled her eyes, Peter moved his eyes to the TV where he saw the news where Spider-Man had saved the day. He looked back at his aunt and gave her a teary smile. As they hugged, she whispered into his ear.
"Ben is proud of you, Peter. I know he is."