Chapter 11-Electro

Gwen and Felicia arrived back at Harry's house. He and Peter were looking at a map of the city on the living room table. Gwen ran to Peter with excitement. Felicia smirked at how she was around him. It made her feel happy that Peter had someone to lean on while Watson was gone. Hopefully she would be okay though.
   "Peter," she said, giddy with excitement, "you won't believe what I just did!"
   Peter turned from the map and smirked. "What?"
   "I snuck into a building and put trackers on bad guys!" she exclaimed. "All by myself!"
   Felicia giggled. "You know, Spider, she might have to take your place some day."
   Peter chuckled sarcastically. "Thanks for that, Felicia." He turned back to Gwen. "So you guys found their hideout."
   Gwen nodded. She pointed to a square on the map. "Right here."
   Peter looked at where her finger was pointing. He knew where that was...that was where he caught Ryan Miller...
   Ben's killer.
   Everything started rushing back to him like deja vu. His head started to hurt again. He remembered having the chance of killing Ryan. Getting the ultimate revenge, and avenging Ben's death right there...but he didn't. He let him go to prison. Seeing that building on the map reminded him of who he dedicated himself to be.
   "Peter?" Harry asked, snapping his fingers. Peter shook his thoughts out of his head and came back to the real world. "You alright, bud?"
   Peter looked at Harry trying to come up with his words. "Yeah," he replied. "I'm good. Just some deja vu." He looked back at the map. "Okay, so we know where they are hiding."
   "Now it's phase two," Harry said. "We find Kurt before they do."
   "Leave that to me," Peter said.
   Gwen looked at him and frowned. "You're not going out there by yourself," she told him. "I'm sorry but I can't let you go by yourself yet. You can't trust yourself."
   Pete looked at her and smirked. "Gwen, I'll be fine."
   Harry eyed him and joined in. "They're looking for you, Pete," he said. "You know that."
   "Trust us, Peter," Gwen said while agreeing. "We need to wait until we all can work together and stop them."
   Peter looked at Felicia with an eyebrow raised. "Don't look at me," she said. "I haven't said a word against you."
   Peter sighed. "Look, I know it's dangerous, but I have to do this." He felt like he could cry but he suppressed it. "I know you're worried about me but I need to get a little closer to them and see what they are doing."
   Gwen looked at him with concern. "Are you sure about this, Pete?"
   "No," Peter said flatly, "but it's the only way I can keep myself busy for a while. I need to clear my head for a bit." He grabbed his mask and headed for the door. "I'll be back, don't worry. Come up with a plan on how we're going to infiltrate the place." He shut the door behind him.
   Harry shook his head. "That kid has a lot of guts."
   "Yeah," Felicia said. "It's kinda hot." She licked her lips. They both looked at her with eyebrows raised. "Sorry! I have a problem."

   Peter showed up in front of the old dock warehouse. He remembered all of the cops outside of it when he had tracked Ryan down. He played the entire situation over and over in his head. It was simpler back then...Before all of this. Before Spider-Man.
   He took the tracker console out of his pocket and began looking at all of the red dots where they were inside. Four dots all in the warehouse.
   But where was the fifth one? Who was not there? Why was there no tracker signal?
   Suddenly, Peter felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. The force of the blow sent him against the wall in the alley he was in.. He gasped in pain and he turned to his old enemy who was hovering above him.
   "Hello, Spidey," Electro said. "Long time, no see."
   It was him: Electro. If this had been any other day, Peter would go easy on him...but he attacked MJ. Because of him, the love of his life could die. Everything inside of Peter was replaced by pure anger.
   "You... You son of a bitch!" Spidey exclaimed throught the pain. "I'm gonna kill you!"
   "Hold on, Spidey" Electro replied. "I just want to talk." Before Max could say another word, Peter lunged at him and began to repeatedly punch him over and over.
   Max winced in pain as the blows kept on coming. Luckily his electricity helped soften the blows because Spider-Man was not holding back. The punches were hard, fast, and extremely deadly.
   He threw Peter off and let electricity flow through his body. "I don't want to fight right now, Spidey! If I did I would've done the spider chick in when she was spying on us."
   Peter kept lunging and wailing at him. "Don't you dare talk about her. Don't you dare!"
   Electro kept trying to block punches but could only hold himself up for so long. He tried to electricity Spidey and he thought he did, but it wasn't stopping him at that moment. The only thing on Peter's mind was to break Max for what he did.
   Peter was beginning to feel pain though. The electricity coursing through his body was too much for him to handle. He fought through it though. He had felt pain for months and months now. He was going to make sure that Electro felt his pain.
   Max had beaten Spidey before, but this time he was getting his ass kicked. Those punches hurt like hell. What was he on this time?
   "Spider, stop it!" Max shouted through the punches.
   Peter threw a punch, but the lightning was beginning to make him feel weak and made it go slow. Electro grabbed his fist and squeezed it. Pete shouted in pain as the bolts protruded through his body.
   "Have I got your attention yet?" he told him.
   "Screw you," he responded. Max reared back and punched him again. Peter slammed to the ground. He groaned from his injuries.
   "Cocky little shit," Electro said. "You know, when Dr. Octavius told us who you really were, I could not believe that I got beaten by a friggin kid." He bent down and grabbed Peter's face. "You can't imagine how pissed I was... I swore to rip you limb from limb the next time I saw you and now that you're here, I think I've changed my mind. I think I will kill you."
   Peter chuckled and reached into his hidden pocket. "Sorry, Max, buddy," he said. "That isn't...gonna happen..."
   Max chuckled back. "Why not, Spider?"
   "Because..." he started, "...web-bomb." Max looked down and saw the orb that Peter was holding. He activated it and a giant net of webs flew over Electro and pinned him to the wall of the alley. Peter stumbled back up. "I freaking love those things," he said, spitting out blood.
   Peter raised a fist to start punching again but Max shouted. "Wait, Parker!" Peter stopped for a second. "I want to make a truce. That's what I've been wanting to tell you."
   "Why the hell should I trust you?" Peter asked with his fist raised.
   Electro frowned. "That son of a bitch humiliated me, Parker. In front of everyone. I want Otto out of the picture." He looked down at the ground. "Plus, I really hope your girlfriend is okay. She wasn't supposed to get hurt in this, I swear."
   Spider-Man approached him. "If I can trust you, I'll let you go if you tell me where Kurt Connors is."
   Max grimaced and sighed. "Octavius has Connors," he said.
   Peter's heart dropped. Otto beat him to Kurt. Oh no... "When did he find him?"
   "About an hour and a half ago," he continued. "He plans to kill him...eventually."
   Peter raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by 'eventually?'"
   Max shook his head. "I don't know, man. He has some sort of friggin game to play with him." He bowed his head and frowned. "I thought I was a cruel freak, but no, this man is cold and calculated, Parker. His hatred for Connors runs way too friggin deep." Peter tried to process all of this information. What was Doc planning? "There! You happy?" Max asked. "Get me out of this crap."
   Spidey didn't want to, but a deal was a deal. He was ready for Electro to attack him after he dissolved the webs, but nothing happened. Max jumped down and looked at Peter. "Look you and I have been at each other's throats for almost a year. I'm sick and tired of this shit. A truce is a truce, Parker. You're gonna need some medical attention." he said.
   Peter looked at him confused at what was happening. "Didn't you just try to kill me?"
   Max chuckled. "Honor amongst crazies I guess," he said. "You won the first round, I won the second round. We're even."
   Peter chuckled through his pain. "You're crazy."
   Electro began to walk off towards the warehouse. "This never happened. I never saw you, you never saw me. Good luck, Parker." Then he disappeared.
   Peter just kept thinking about what Otto was going to do to Kurt. What was his master plan? What did Kurt have to do with it. Slowly and sluggish, he swung back home to Harry's house.
   Gwen, Harry, and Felicia were standing around to table looking at the map to see where they could all enter. Peter, weak and becoming increasingly more dizzy from blood loss, opened the front door and fell out.
   They all looked at their friend passed out, lying on the floor, and bleeding to death. "Oh my god!" Gwen exclaimed. They ran over to him to see if he was okay.
   "Peter?" Harry asked him. "Peter, can you hear me?" Pete moaned something under his breath. "That's close enough," Harry said.
   "What happened to him?" Gwen asked.
   Felicia looked at his wounds. "Bruises and burns," she said. "Electro's M.O. He might have been followed," she told Harry.
   "Agreed," he replied. "Gwen, take Peter to a room and patch him up. Me and Felicia are gonna sweep the city." He activated his glider and Felicia hopped on as well. "We'll be back," he said. "Don't die on us, Peter." They opened the door and flew away to see if anyone was still out in the city or followed Peter.
   Gwen threw Peter's arm over her shoulder. She carried, rather drug, him up the stairs to her room and laid him on her bed. "Come on, Peter," she said, holding back worried tears, "don't give up on me."
   She grabbed the first aid kit out of her bathroom and ran back into the bedroom. She took a needle and thread and looked at a major injury in his shoulder. "I really hope that your advanced healing will kick in." She moved to the large gash in his shoulder. "Sorry if this hurts..."
   Gwen stuck the needle through Peter's skin and began sewing it shut. Peter groaned a little in pain, but it was mostly just instinct. He was passed out and in shock at this point. Then, she took a damp cloth and started dabbing the wounds and burns to clean them up.
   After she was done, she put bandages on all of them and tucked Peter into the bed. He shivered from having chills. He was going into nervous system shock. All she could do was wait for him to get better.
   "Come on, nerd," she said to him. "You never gave up on me, so I'm not giving up on you." She kissed his forehead and let a tear roll down her cheek. "I love you too much to let you go." she said.
   First MJ, now Peter...
   Everything was going to hell.