Chapter Five

Amy Farah Fowler POV

Amy woke up with a pounding headache. Realising she was on the floor when she noticed the cold tile pressed against her cheek. She fumbled around looking for her glasses. Not finding them on the ground she pulled herself up and went to the mirror above her sink. Amy was able to splash water on her face without needing to see using her glasses. As she reached to turn the tap off she bumped an object. Grabbing it she realised it was her glasses.

Grateful to be able to see, she pulled then on. With horror she looked in the mirror realising she looked horrible. She knew she was hung over, the feeling was becoming familiar from her girls' nights out. Trying to remember she thought back to last night. It had been a girls' night out and Sheldon had joined them…SHELDON.

She gasped as she realised he must have seen her drunk, oh she felt ashamed. He must be so disappointed in her. She tried to remember back to last night and only got as far as dancing. She had danced with Sheldon, she blushed as she thought back to the scandalous thoughts she had been having about Sheldon last night.

It was bad enough that she had been shamelessly flirting with him. She hoped their friendship was still intact, she couldn't imagine not being friends with Sheldon and Penny. Even Bernadette, she had grown fond of. She was so worried she decided she had to talk to him straight away. Amy didn't even bother to brush her hair. She sent a request and Sheldon answered. His satisfied grin told her that he was happy at being proven right about the alcohol.

'Good morning Amy' he said smugly.

'It most assuredly is not' she complained holding her throbbing head.

'Are you experiencing dehydration, headache, nausea and shame?' he asked haughtily.

'Yes. I also found a Korean man's business card tucked into my cleavage….What happened last night?' Amy asked nervously.

'Ahhh memory impairment. The free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle' he said arrogantly.

"Sheldon' she stared at him in exasperation.

'Alright….Last night you gave me some excellent advise regarding my problem here at home, you kissed me and then vomited on and off for 40 minutes following which you passed out on your bathroom floor. I then folded a towel under your head as a pillow, set your oven clock to the correct time because it was driving me crazy and I left' he explained casually.

Amy's mind was a mess, she had kissed him? Shame, regret and confusion were what she first felt. Then worry as she realised this could ruin their friendship and also intrigue as she would have liked to know how he had reacted.

She assumed he pushed he away, it was what she would have likely done if she was sober. A bit of sadness came over her as she realised she had been rejected and was now likely to be cast away for her behaviour. She forced herself to say something and act as if she was not bothered by emotions.

'Ok…don't really know where we go from here' she mumbled braced herself for his goodbye.

'I suggest we treat our relationship as if it were a crashed computer, and restore it to the last point we both agree it worked.' Sheldon recommended.

Amy was relieved after expecting to be sent way. She felt a pang of sadness but ignored it. This was the best case scenario for them. They were still friends and could forget her actions from the previous night. She had begun to remember bits and pieces of the night and remembered her silly thoughts about wanting to show her feelings to Sheldon, they were ridiculous. Amy did have feelings for Sheldon but they were merely a deep respect and companionship. She had no other feelings for him, she told herself.

'Excellent thank you' she replied and suddenly Ricky made a screeching noise and she yelled at him 'They were out of menthols get off my back!' she then looked back at Sheldon, 'It's not easy living with a temperamental little primate.'

Amy then heard Leonard yelling at Priya in the background of Sheldon's apartment.

'Preaching to the choir sister' Sheldon replied.

She smiled. Yes this was the best for both of them. Any thoughts about feelings between them must have just been the alcohol, she told herself. Amy and Sheldon then talked for the rest of the day. After all, it was Skype Saturday…

The End