Part 2

The group, in the meantime, walked in a long hallway surrounded by darkness and darkness only. Asumi's light was strong enough to allow them to see each other but the walls were tight and empty giving away no hint whatsoever about the fortress' origin.

Nova, who was lost in his thoughts, bumped into Skylar's arm that she extended to prevent him from walking further. "Be careful. I sense something here. The hallway gets bigger, there must be a bigger room ahead."

The sheep walked into the room and it instantly reacted to her presence. Several torches across the room lit up with a blue evanescent light, giving off a paranormal atmosphere.

Asumi turned off her wand, hugged her broom and swooped behind everyone while casting defensive spells. "I hear enemies. They all unleash the same aura and there's so many!"

Skylar and Nova did notice the presence in the room but they were caught off guard by her remark. They focused and realized that she was correct.

Feral wolves popped out of the darkness as if materializing themselves to kill the intruders. They weren't friendly judging by the threatening growling and the red shining eyes they all had.

"These aren't real." Skylar grabbed her sword, striking a fighting pose. "The red eyes are a clear hint these wolves are summons. Someone is controlling them."

Nova stood in front, ready to taunt as many as he could. "They keep appearing! I can't detect the source with so much energy around us!"

"If I could play a sleeping song without hitting you guys as well I'd do it!" Reese said, smacking one of the wolves who tried to approach him with his mandolin.

Asumi casted small lighting bolts to keep them away. "I have a resistance spell but it's not one hundred percent effective. There's a high chance I could make us dizzy."

Skylar slashed the ones who jumped and, as predicted, they simply vanished out of existence when fatal damage occurred. "They're not tanky at least but they don't seem to quit showing up."

Nova shook his shield with might, making a dozen of wolves who were attached to it fall down on the floor. He stomped over them and used his shield offensively to deliver the final blow. "Killing the minions is meaningless. They will just return to attack and we won't accomplish anything."

The room wasn't fully visible. There was much more ahead that was covered in the darkness. "You guys wanna think?! Then we need to see better our surroundings!" A wolf bit his mandolin and wrestled with him for it. "Get your hands off my beautiful instrument! Someone should cast and throw a fire spell!"

"I'm on it!" Asumi swirled her wand around, making two fireballs. "Fireflies!"

The two spells traveled across the room with the sound of what everyone thought were fireworks they saw stairs to reach another floor and, most importantly, a young lady sitting on what seemed to be an inside balcony that wickedly smiled at them once the light revealed her position.

"Very smart of you adventurers." The black panther complimented them, leaping down and falling in the middle of the pack. "I've hid my energy perfectly but you managed to find me nonetheless."

Two orbs were fluctuating in her right paw. One was red and the latter blue. There was no mistake, she was a summoner. What's worse was that when she moved a terrible aura overwhelmed the party, showing off how strong she was.

Everyone meddled with their weapons, feeling the pressure of that situation they all adjusted their grips and made sure everything was fine.

"I won't allow you to continue any further. We will bring order back to the world." She narrowed her eyes, her paw tightened up and the orbs swirled around each other at high speed. "I will cleanse your dirty souls!"