Seeking Answers

GOA

As days pass by, preparations for the competition are in full swing and almost everything is in place - costumes, music, choreography, et all.
But along with all the excitement surrounding the competition, the thing that has really kept Tina busy has been another recent development that has occurred in their life - her angel, her little Kairav has finally started going to school.
With this change in their lives came the additional worry that soon he would start asking her questions about his father, whom she knew absolutely nothing about.
Knowing that the questions were fast approaching but wanting to delay them as much as possible, she informed all of Kairav's teachers much beforehand about the truth and requested them to be careful not to mention anything about it around him.
As a mother, she simply wanted to protect her son from the truth of his father's death and the sadness he would experience on finding out that she had no memory of him by which he could try to create a mental picture of what his dear father must have been like.
But as they say, you can avoid a situation as much as you want but the inevitable will happen, especially when you least expect it.

So one day, while walking back home after school, Kairav stops along the way and turns to his mother.

Kairav - Mumma, mere Papa kahan hain?

Tina has been preparing for this very question since the day she gave birth to Kairav. But despite having so many years to rehearse the answer, to figure out strategies on how to handle the situation as delicately as possible, when the moment has finally arrived, her mind is completely blank. Which is of no help because it is already pretty much blank as far as her memories of the past are concerned.

Gathering all the courage she can muster and trying to collect her thoughts, Tina kneels down in order to be at level with her inquisitive son and decides it's best to face the situation head-on.

Tina - Baby, you remember, last month hum church gaye the aur vahan humein father miley the?

Kairav - Ohhh haannnn Mumma!
Kya voh mere Papa hain? Voh toh bahut achche hain, mujhse bahut pyaar bhi karte hain!

Tina - Nahin baby. Voh aapke Papa nahin hain. But aapko yaad hai, father ne humko bataya tha ki hum sab God ke bachche hain?

Kairav - Haan Mumma! Mujhe sab yaad hai. Kyunki main aapka smart baby hoon!

Tina - Yes, my baby is the smartest!
Achcha, phir toh aapko yeh bhi yaad hoga ki unhone kaha tha ki jin bachchon ko God zyaada miss karte hain, unko voh apne paas bula lete hain?

Kairav - Haan Mumma, yaad hai.

Tina - Toh baby, vaise hi aapke Papa ko God bahut miss kar rahe the toh unhone aapke Papa ko apne paas bula liya.

Kairav - Mumma, aap papa ko kabhi miss nahin karti?

Tina - Kisne kaha nahin karti? Hamesha miss karti hoon. Bahut zyaada miss karti hoon.

Kairav - Agar aap bhi papa ko miss karti ho, phir aap unko vapas humare paas Goya kyun nahin bula leti?

Tina - Kyunki jin logon ko God ek baar apne paas bula lete hain na baby, unko vapas humare paas aane ki permission nahin milti.

Kairav - Pemission matlab?

Tina - Pemission nahin baby, permission. Aur iska matlab hai, jaise aap mujhse hamesha puchte ho ki Mumma main chocolate kha loon aur jab tak main haan nahin karti, tab tak aap nahin khaate. Bilkul vaise.

Kairav - Aap Papa se gussa ho kya ki voh chale gaye God ke paas?

Tina - Nahin toh. Aapko aisa kyun laga?