A Strange Sense Of Belonging

As the first notes of the song begin to play, Kartik looks to the stage to get a better look at Kairav's Tina the tin tin, with a hope that maybe, just maybe, he'll get some answers to all the questions buzzing around in his head. He watches as Tina moves with a grace not very different from his Naira's, in sync to the rhythm of the music. Just as the beat drops and Tina turns to face the audience, Kartik feels a tap on his shoulder.

Kairav - Papa, kya aap mujhe apne shoders pe carry karoge? Yahan se mera poster Mumma ko nahin dikhega and Liza the Pizza video bana rahi hai. Please, aap apne shoders pe baithne do?

Kartik - Haan beta, aa jao.

Picking Kairav up and seating him on his shoulders, Kartik is just about to return his focus to watch Tina's dance when his view is blocked.
In the tiny hands of the little kid perched on his shoulders, the poster proves to be far too big for him to hold up and hence dangles below, interfering with Kartik's line of sight.
Kartik tries his best to manoeuvre around so that he can get a clearer view of the stage, but to no avail. Accepting defeat for the time being, he decides to wait for the audition to end so he can meet with Kairav's mother to see just who this talented dancer is, in the hopes that his 5 years worth of prayers have been answered and he will finally be reunited with the woman of his dreams.

When the alloted time is up, the music fades to silence as the dance ends with all in the audience, including the judges, erupting into a thundering applause - some even giving Tina a standing ovation. As the lights fade to black and she exits the stage, Kairav taps Kartik on the shoulder indicating that he wants to talk to him.

Kairav - Papa, aapne Mumma ka dance dekha na? Kitna awesome tha! Meri Mumma is the best!

Kartik - Sorry beta, actually mujhe kuch bhi nahin dikha. Voh aapka poster itna bada tha ki meri eyes hi cover ho gayi.

Kairav - Uffo Papa. Aap bhi Mumma ki tarah kitne silly ho. Mujhe bata dete na. But it's ok. Liza the Pizza ne video banaya hai, hum voh dekh lenge.
Liza the Pizza, aap Papa ko apna phone do na. Unko Mumma ka dance dekhna hai.

Liza - Sorry dude, but meri battery dead ho gayi. Ghar jaake dikha denge.

Kairav - Mere paas ek aur idea hai. Main Mumma ko bolunga ki voh phirse humare liye dance karein.

Kartik - Nahin beta, it's ok. Abhi hum jaake aapki Mumma se mil lete hain. Main unka dance kisi aur din dekh loonga.

Kairav - Ok. Chalo, Tina the tin tin ke paas chalte hain!

Kartik is just about to slide Kairav off his shoulders when he taps him on the shoulder yet again.

Kairav - No no no. Aap mujhe neeche mat utaro. Main aise hi Mumma si milke unko suppize karna chahta hoon poster ke saath.

Kartik - But beta, agar aap aise hi poster ko pakdoge toh mujhe phirse kuch nahin dikhega aur hum donon gir jaayenge.

Kairav - Hmmmm.... Papa, abhi ke liye main poster Liza the Pizza ko de deta hoon. Phir baad mein jab Mumma dikh jaayengi toh main pakad loonga. Phir koi pobel nahin hogi na?

Kartik - Haan, yeh theek hai. Chalo.

Kairav hands over the poster to Liza to hold and then the trio head over to the backstage area in search of Tina.
As they draw nearer, Kartik's heart starts racing again, as if preparing itself in anticipation for what is about to happen.
At the same time Kairav squeals with excitement, having spotted Tina in the crowd. Gesturing to Liza to quickly hand him the poster, he then directs them to the spot, holding the poster so it's visible to his dearest Mumma, yet blocks Kartik's view of her once again.
It isn't until they finally reach the spot where she's standing that Tina notices Kairav and Liza approaching her. A smile graces her face as she sees their beaming faces nearing her.