𝘻𝘦𝘦

dear anthoine,

i didn't know much about you, but now, it feels like i know you as a person. it feels like you were a friend. and maybe you were, a long lost friend, or something like that. now, after this weekend, you will always be a friend, to all of us. to every driver, to every team member, and to every fan.

i still don't really know what to say, and for that, i am sorry. the race weekend at spa doesn't see real, it feels like a blur, and i think a lot of us are still struggling to comprehend what happened on saturday in belgium. i don't think it will sink in for a while, and even when it does, it will be difficult to know that you're gone. we lost such a unique talent, someone who was going places in his career, heading towards a seat in formula one. it's tough, to think about you whilst knowing that you were just at the very beginning of the pathway to living your dream, but we will continue that for you.

charles won his first ever formula one race yesterday, and he won it all for you. he was destined to be on the top of the podium yesterday; when you left us and headed for paradise, the stars aligned on your way. charles won for you; he dedicated it to you, and we all know that just like us, you are so proud of him. an emotional weekend for all, but he determination and his courage after losing one of his friends shows just how much he wanted to do that for you. he wanted to make you smile, as you rest with two of the most important people in his life. papa and jules; he knows that you will be with them, watching down on him, and smiling, just like you would've been as he crossed the line in first place.

like every driver, we will never forget you. words cannot describe how much we miss you already. not a second goes by where we don't think about you, and we hope that you are at peace now. we hope that you are not in pain, and that you are happy with everything you achieved in your short, yet truly inspirational time on earth. we admire your courage and your bravery, and we will do everything to ensure that your legacy lives on forever.

we miss you. we will love you forever. you are a true hero, and for that, we salute you.

sleep well in heaven.

- zee

taken with permission from FOREVERLANDO's one shots book.