𝘶𝘱𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦

dear reader,

i hope this book helped.

when i started this book, i hoped for some semblance of closure. this helped, but it didn't give me the closure that i was looking for - there was a spot i needed to fill, just to help me move past this.

so, i began writing, but got stuck.

how do i write about someone who's no longer around respectfully, while giving myself peace, while giving others peace? while words usually pour out from me, i was speechless.

a few months on, i watched the formula 2 documentary, chasing the dream. episode four revolves around the accidents of spa, and showed first hand how the people around him struggled to find their own peace and closure, and how much pain they went through. it brought me to tears, and i cried till i had no tears left. 

then the words began pouring out.

the result of this is tearless eulogy, a book that - on the cover - is a story with one of my favourite formula 2 drivers, zhou guan yu. but beneath the surface, it tackles loss, recovery, closure and hope. it answered the question of how to move on, but still remember. it helped me to realise that i didn't have to be sad forever, that i could continue living my life without feeling a need to be sad about him, yet still honour his life and legacy. it is a story close to my heart, because of everything that it stands for.

i hope you take a look at it, if you'd like. and above all else, i hope it helps you find a little bit of peace within yourself, just as i have from it.

this book will still continue on, for as long as i have the letters and words to say. but until then, that's all i have to say.

stay safe ❤️

sincerely,
soph ❤️