Chapter 13

It was finally here.

The Final Rounds.

Akane trained hard for the past few weeks, and she definitely feels ready for this.

But she could feel her nerves start to peak when she reached the village again.

"Kami, I'm ready for some dango and a long ass nap!" Akane said aloud as she reached the entrance.

Eventually walking through the gates and headed towards her family's house.

'I can't believe the exams end tomorrow. I'm ready all right. Ready to win.'

She kept her head down while walking through the village. Hoping to not gain any attention from people. After all, she did technically go "missing".

She made it to the house without being noticed, and walked around the backside of the house, and started to climb the tree closest to her bedroom window.

After climbing inside the window, she turned to close the window, and took off her backpack.

Taking off her shoes, she slipped into bed, ready for her long-awaited rest.

'I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow...'

____________________

The next day . . .

Akane stood lined up with the rest of the competing genin.

"Okay, the gates are now closing so-" But the proctor was cut off when a loud noise sounded behind them.

Everyone turned around to see what the noise was all about, and Akane sighed, bringing her hand up to pinch the bridge of her nose when she saw that it was Naruto, sliding across the ground.

'That's Naruto for ya. . .' She snickered to herself.

Shikamaru bent down and helped Naruto stand up, "What a drag. . . "

Naruto shook off his dizziness and started yelling about . . . a herd of bulls??

Akane sighed so deeply that her shoulders dropped.

'Why can't my teammates be normal?'

Naruto jumped back to his feet and ran to stand next to Neji.

Akane looked around her in the stadium and saw something that made her emotional for the first time in a long time.

Her parents and sister were here! To support her!

Akane could feel tears welling up in her eyes, and she quickly wiped them away.

"Welcome All! And our deepest thanks for coming here to the Village Hidden in the Leaves for this year's Chunin selection. We have come to the final competition between the 9 candidates who made it to the preliminaries. We ask that no one leaves until all the matches have been completed. Now everyone enjoy!"

'9 candidates? That's not right, there are supposed to be 10.' Akane thought to herself as she looked at all the other candidates. Dosu wasn't there. Akane began to wonder what had happened to the sound nin and had an inkling that Gaara had something to do with it.

"Oh, there's one more thing before we get started. There's been some changes to the matches, look them over." Genma, the proctor, stated as he pulled out a sheet of paper with new match set ups.

The new changes basically saying that Akane is going to have to go through one less person than before.

'Changes are fine to me. After all, that's one less annoyance, talking about annoyances. . . Where's Sasuke?'