[2/10]

dear you, 

it's pretty amazing, isn't it?

how quickly the seasons can turn. it feels almost as if spring has just showed up at our doorstep, only to turn away to yield to summer right when i finally open a window to air out the house. 

well, this i did in the morning, before i remembered that you wanted to be greeted with the smell of citrus when you got home today so then i cleaned with your favorite lemon-scented spray. i found one of your old sketchbooks under the couch—you know the one filled with pressed flowers? it's right by your side of the bed, resting on top of your book that you've been reading for a while. 

is it any good? maybe i'll try it. hope you don't mind if i move your bookmark. 

then in the afternoon, izuku came by to drag me out of the house because he claims that i've been basically like a hermit. which totally isn't true, by the way, and you can prove this to izuku! you've seen me working! i've been busy, tending to this and learning to cook that. i'd say i'm doing pretty well, but noooo the number one hero in japan has to insist that i accompany him on a trip into town. 

for some reason, he finds it necessary to save those that don't need saving. 

i also don't really understand why he couldn't just buy this needs and wants online which is by far more convenient but then again, they say that geniuses are strange beings who exist on a different plane from us mortals. 

so yeah. izuku still thinks that a pair of sunglasses, a hat, and a surgical mask are enough to maintain anonymity but as the hero who has his face plastered all over the place? i'm half tempted to go back and scratch out the whole "he's a genius thing" i wrote above this. maybe next time i should write in pencil so i can erase stuff without smudging everything. 

but i do like pens. hm. 

anyway, i only managed to get some curly fries and a shake because i abandoned him in a clothing store a couple minutes in. fans are crazy nowadays, all competing for an autograph or a lock of hair. he's particularly skittish about those kinds of crazies—the ones who can't settle for a photograph—but won't ever tell us why. apparently katsuki knows because there's always this weird smirk on his face whenever he sees izuku drowning in a mob. 

and according to him, our old classmates are all doing fairly well. 

you'll be happy to know that kaminari finally has a girlfriend who's lasted for longer than a week and sato's opened up a successful bakery. he's got one open near the old agency and supposedly, is starting up another one somewhere in tokyo (i'll have to bring you one of his matcha cream puffs, the kinds you like. remind me sometime, okay love?). and momo and kyoka have announced that they're engaged. 

i heard it was a formal affair—you know how momo is—with so many flowers and so many cakes everyone was bloated by the time they waddled away from the place. i'm sure you would've loved it; and honestly, a real shame that you and i missed it. why are you so busy nowadays anyway? i didn't go because you weren't there. 

i barely see you anymore. 

wistfully yours, 

shōto