[5/10]

dear you, 

time really flies, doesn't it?

it feels just like yesterday that we bumped into each other at the public gardens, you with your face pressed up to a buttercup and i lost in the trance of my music. i can still remember the way you looked at me at first, blinking as if you didn't see me clearly the first time, then the way you smiled and shyly apologized. i don't think i could get a coherent sentence out before i ran away, ears burning bright with embarrassment. 

then the mortification when i realized we went to the same school! oh, we were so young. so youthful. 

but the love remains the same, if not more passionate with the passage of time. right?

and look at where we are now. amid the swirling season of amber and gold colored leaves, breathing in the sharp, crisp air of an autumnal morning. your hands felt so cold in mine during our early walk, but that's okay, because i have enough warmth for the both of us. as long as your fingers are intertwined with mine, we'll be okay, won't we? 

so not everything stays the same from our high school days. for one, everyone's grown up to become fine heroes or whatever career path they ended up choosing. hitoshi's so popular he's got his own merch out now (contrary to his grumbling that he's an 'underground hero, just like eraser head was', so he would rather stay out of the limelight. the pleasant blush on his cheeks whenever a little kid runs up to him and bubbles with joy upon receiving a signature from their favorite hero! says otherwise. izuku and i snicker every time, you would've too), and even katsuki is nicer. he's warmed up to me over the years, a feat that i'm proud to say i was able to pull off. 

speaking of katsuki: he was the one who knocked on my door today while you were going on a grocery run, which is surprising considering how izuku has made it a habit to 'check up on me' everyday. it's weird, because i'm perfectly healthy, and i've got you. but that's just how he is, a worrywart, just as doting as a mother. i go along with it to placate his nerves but i don't really see the point in it. 

anyways, yes, katsuki showed up today and demanded that we had a talk. 

long story short: he and izuku had a fight. why, he won't tell me, but he asked me if izuku thought that he shouldn't do something he personally thinks he must—as a moral obligation—if he should still plow ahead and do what he believes is right. 

i don't know. 

his eyes were unusually unsure of himself, a turmoil of expressions raging within. i wish i could've told him a definite answer, but i just recommended that he go with his heart. 

after all, isn't that what led me to you?

tenderly yours, 

shōto 

p.s: the little snake isn't there anymore. i wonder where it went?