【An Eeveelutionary Encounter!】

.♩.¸¸♬'¯'♬.¸¸ ˚✰˚ ¸¸.♬'¯'♬¸¸.♩.

The siblings had finally set off on their Island Challenge - after getting permission from their mother, of course - and had made it to Paniola Town on Akala Island.

They were carefully walking through the tall grass, trying not to upset any Pokémon, when Emily made eye contact with a small lad.

Emily smirked; time for a battle!

The boy walked up to the duo, smiling brightly, ready for a challenge.

"My names Akamai and I'm sure you know the rules!" He said, swishing his hair.

"I sure do! Aqua, lets go!" The brunette called out her Popplio, who was just as energetic as she was.

Akamai sent out a Pokémon Emily recognised from Kalos! Well... sort of, she'd seen one by Cylage City but the monster itself was usually found in Kanto. It was an Eevee!

Both Emily and Ritchie fell in love with the Pokémon and both made a mental note to add one to their growing team.

Akamai told his Eevee to use Quick Attack! Hitting Aqua but he was still able to fight.

Aqua used Water Gun, only slightly hitting the Eevee, who then used Sand Attack - lowering Aqua's accuracy.

Emily commanded Aqua to use Pound. However, it missed, leaving the Popplio open!

Eevee used tackle, critically hitting Aqua but he pulled through and used Disarming Voice; a move that never misses! It hit the Eevee but it wasn't enough to knock it out.

Akamai told his Eevee to use tackle, leaving Aqua with little strength left but he was able to finish with one last Disarming Voice which knocked the little Pokémon out.

Emily let out a rather childish cheer and Aqua hopped onto her shoulder as Akamai sent his Eevee back to its Pokéball. Now desperate for an Eevee, Emily decided to ask.

"Hey, where'd you catch that Eevee?" Akamai glanced up at her and smiled.

"My family breeds them, I didn't catch her. That was an awesome battle, by the way," the blue eyed boy replied "who's your friend?"

"Oh, him? That's my brother, Richard," the brunette said, pointing at Ritchie with her thumb "he's a little shy, that's why he's over there," and before she could stop him, Akamai had began wandering over to her brother.

"Hi, Richard, I'm Akamai! I see you have a Litten. What's his name?" The small boy asked excitedly. Ritchie was rather taken aback but tried his best to continue the conversation.

"His name- uh, his name? It's McCartney. I was sort of, uh, wondering if you could show me where you caught your Eevee,"

"My family breeds Eevee, I could see if my parents could get you one!"

"Hey! How come you offered him and not me!" Emily pouted, folding her arms and frowning. Clearly this boy liked Ritchie more than her!

"Don't worry, I'll get you one too!" He laughed and patted Emily on the shoulder, "C'mon, my house isn't far from here."