Taking Him Home

You were walking home from work and you hear soft crying. "That sounds like a child." You think. You go the direction you hear the sound and see a the back of a person, shaking. You whisper,"Hey, Are you ok?" As you say that, a small, blue-haired boy jumps up and backs away like a cornered animal. "It's ok." You say, sitting against the opposite wall of the ally. "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." He seemingly calmed a little at your comment, still not having the courage to come close to you. "He looks like he's been on the street for a while. He's dirty and skinny." You think. "Are you hungry?" You ask. He gives a small nod. You get up to go to the restaurant that was right across the street. "Stay here. I'll be right back." You tell him. You go across the street and order a bowl of ramen to go and take it back to the ally. "Here. You look like you really need this." You say to him. He gingerly takes it and the second you saw it, it was gone. "You really we're hungry, huh?" You say, amused to him. "Here come with me. We'll get you cleaned up." You say to him, holding out your hand for him to take. He obviously was still scared of you because he didn't take your hand. "What's wrong?" You ask him. He looks around for something and his eyes fall on the trash can that was right beside him. Touches it and it instantly disintegrates. "Oh." You say dumbfounded. "Here then." You say, holding out your pinkie finger. He then wraps his pinkie around yours and you walk home together.