CH.1: Captured by just a smile

Dear All,

As I promised, here comes CH.1 of "Beyond Those Irresistible Eyes" and you will see how I begin this story: with a very long chapter 😊 I could not resist it or make it different for many reasons you will understand while reading.

I posted a note to clear up a couple of points, so if you have questions please let me know.

I really hope you will enjoy this chapter that seems to start slowly but will progress quickly and introduce us into River's and Nic's worlds, two different characters with different problems and lives. Let me know what you think of it with your comments, votes, messages and feedbacks, for I love reading them and they are always very useful: THANK YOU!

I have chosen a song that seems to fit the chapter very well, in particular in the case of our River. And let me say something frankly: I feel deep connection to him for some personal reasons, yet, he will be a great challenge in terms of crafting and writing and guess what? I am excited about that!

I would like to dedicate my story to my dear GothicFairyGodess425 for your sweet and kind messages, for the comments you always leave to my chapters and for always being a very supportive and understand reader and friend, thank you! I wish you all the best with your writing and everything else!

And now, I won't add much more, as you will see how many things the chapter shall present to you.

Enjoy it!

"What's more, intelligence is something you can only recognize if you are on the same level," in Love 020, episode 14.

RIVER POV – NEW YORK:

As school was over, Jasper decided to take a picture of us all together to send to his brother and we all of course participated to it; not very surprisingly Dima was extremely enthusiastic at the idea and volunteered to take the selfie, standing right beside our cutie, his face close to his with a wide smile, Travis hugging Jasper, Sasha obviously beside his man, Hayden and Derek making some funny poses and myself simply smiling at cutie's brother, at Nicholas. I had never met him or seen him, but I felt like smiling directly at him, because the bond he shared with Jasper was clearly amazing and it was a detail I greatly admired. A detail that reminded me of how Tommy used to be.

He replied to the message after a couple of minutes and Jasper gasped, saying he was finally eating something only then since he had breakfast, which seemed to be quite late even if he lived in LA.

"Eating only now after breakfast? Man, I'd be dying by now," Dima obviously commented, and I just secretly chuckled at seeing him immediately shove more food in his mouth. Travis shook his head and exchanged an amused, quick look with Sasha.

"He told me they're working on some new project and it's quite hectic, but Nic is very smart and talented, and he's the one leading it," cutie explained with no little pride in his voice. This was interesting to hear: capable, intelligent and without doubts possessing leading attitudes. I eyed Jasper and thought that maybe they weren't that similar, or at least, not similar in everything. "Oh boy, almost forgot," he sweetly mumbled as he showed us the picture, "that's Nic," he said with affectionate voice and we all looked.

My eyes immediately took in all the details of the very handsome face, the genuine and open smile, the way also his eyes smiled, how he was elegantly dressed, how the color of the shirt complimented his slightly tanned skin and chocolate-brown eyes, the dark, dirty-blonde hair and the fact he wasn't very similar to Jasper in some aspects. Yes, they had the same eyes and the same sweetness in them, they both had dimples while smiling, but Nicholas inspired a confident and outgoing personality, someone that for his age had already reached high achievements. He must have been ambitious, but not in the wrong way, because the expression on his face was kind and not arrogant. He looked interesting in the picture, very interesting indeed, and I wondered whether he would really join us during the weekend or not.