Pt.2

(1 yr later )
Brennen Finn

" I am not arguing with you on this Marie." I sighed as my wife kept pestering me about our daughters wedding date.

"Sabrina is going to get married by the end of this month and you will pay for the expenses, end of discussion." This woman.  I swear her and her attitude will be the death of me.

"Marie sweetie, it's my money and I will spend it how I like. You have no say whatsoever." I say as I caress her chin. Boy, did she look furious. She looked like a kettle.

"She's your daughter, and I am your fucking wife! Your money is my money"

"Yes, she is my daughter Marie, and if I don't want her marrying some dude she has been dating for only 8 months, then she won't be marrying that son of a bitch." Marie gasped as she shoved me away from her.  I chose to ignore what she said about my money being hers because we were married so she was kind of right.

"How could you do this to your own daughter?!"

"Honey, I don't have time for this. I'm leaving." I say, grabbing my keys from the counter.

"Where are you going ?!"

"Marie, stop fucking yelling! The neighbors are gonna complain."

"I don't care, where are you going!" She yells, again.
I grit my teeth in annoyance and tug on my hair, frustrated with my wife.

"I told you already, to Todd's house. He's holding a party because he got a promotion at his work place." She furrows her brows

"Why wasn't I invited?"

"Because, it's for us guys. His wife isn't even there, she's having a girls night out with her friends."

Todd Nickelson, is my childhood best friend, we've known each other ever since the 3rd grade. Between us, he's more of the settle down and have kids type. I was not ready for the married lifestyle at all. I actually had my first child Sabrina Finn at the young age of 19. I had just gotten out of high school and already, I had a kid to take care of. But I don't regret it, I love my daughter to death. So I married Marie a year after she gave birth and years later we now have a son, Aiden Finn who just turned 4.

"Melanie is probably out at a male strip club." She scoffed, I ignored her remark about Todd's wife. They never liked each other. Heck, Todd doesn't even talk to Marie when he's around.

"Just watch Aiden, I'll be back later." She mumbles something under her breath but I ignore it and head out.

As I enter my car I let out a breath of relief.

"Couple hours of alone time from the wife will do me good." I sigh as I think of the past few nights that consisted of me and Marie arguing.

____
____

Seth

"So, I hear Todd's having a party tonight." Melanie looks up at me and smirks.

"Yes, and I'm sure you've heard that it's an all guys party Seth." She nudges me, "are you a guy Seth?" She teases, wiggling her brows at me.

"Ugh Mel, I was just asking" I roll my eyes playfully and she giggles.

"I'm sure Todd won't mind if you crashed the party to find some dude to play with for the night." She shrugs and I groan

"I'm not looking for a guy.." I trail off

"Oh, really?" She says, clearly not believing me.

"Yes really." I chuckle, "I just..  want to ." I think foreal a few seconds before answering, "- find someone to help fix my bathtub." Melanie just blankly stares as me and I try to keep a straight face.