.6.

After that, for a short while we practiced our flying. Neytiri, Jake, Tsu'tey, and I followed by the two from before. Tsu'tey's was blue and purple, a very nice combination of colors which I loved.

However, since my Ikran was so much bigger, I flew above everyone else, but still close enough so we wouldn't get separated. Tsu'tey would frequently glance up at me to make sure I was doing alright which I would answer with a smile or a nod which he would return.

Neytiri and Jake have been getting closer, and I could tell something was warming up between them which made me happy. Jake deserved someone in his life besides me after Tommy. This was perfect for him.

One day, I was out flying alone for a little bonding time for Nu'it and I. I was practicing how to keep my bow steady so I could fire from her back as she practiced to be still enough for me to be able to do it.

I knocked an arrow as I slightly stood up and drew the bow. 'Level.' I said the command we've been going with as she steadied out, my aim now not being so wild as I zoned in on one of the targets I had set up previously.

I raised my arms up as I focused in on it, my breath relaxing before I released the arrow. "Dive, dive, drive!" Someone yelled as I got distracted, my arrow going way off course. I clicked my tongue in annoyance as I looked around to see who said that only to see Jake and Neytiri on their Ikran being chased by one that was even bigger than Nu'it.

'Come on, we've got to help them.' I told her as she screeched in agreement, flying towards the scarlet and yellow Ikran. "Hey big guy, over here!" I shouted as it turned its head, allowing the two to go into the dense forest. "Zen, get out of there!" Jake yelled at me from behind a tree.

I shook my head. "I'm not leaving you two. Go deeper into the forest, this guy can't follow you for too long in there." I ordered. Neytiri was about to jump in when the giant Ikran roared and flew towards Nu'it and I.

'Okay, girl. If we want to make it out, listen to me carefully.' I warned as she chirped softly. 'Go right and then dive.' I began to direct her as she turned around, flying to another part of the forest below.

She then headed down towards the huge trees. The giant Ikran following close behind as it snipped at Nu'it's back legs. 'Keep pushing forward. We slow down, we're dead.' I told her as she growled, annoyed by the other banshee.

We were getting closer and closer to the forest by the second, our speed hard to track. "Now lift up!" I couldn't help but to yell out loud as Nu'it got the message and opened her wings as she flew upwards, narrowly missing the trees and mess of vines.

However, the giant Ikran wasn't so lucky as it got tangled in it, snapping at the vines in anger as it roared at us as we flew away back towards Neytiri and Jake. I pat my own Ikran on the side of the neck as we caught our breath. 'Nice job, Nu'it. Good girl.' I thought as she huffed in appreciation.

Once reaching the other two, they quickly flew out of the tree line with frowns on their faces. "You could've been killed!" Jake shouted at me. "But I wasn't." I pointed out as Nu'it landed on the side of a tree that wasn't too far into the forest to rest. It was enough room for her, which was good.

"That's not the point! I couldn't handle losing another brother, Zen." He shot back as I hissed lightly as him. "Then it's the same for me, Jake! I couldn't just sit back and watch as you were chased by that thing! I don't know what I'd do if I lost both of my big brothers." I said, tears now flowing down my face.

Jake sighed as he landed his Ikran next to mine before reaching over and hugging me tightly. I broke down and sobbed into his shoulder and he comforted me. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't..." I cried more as he shushed me. "It's fine. Thank you." He soothed into my ear and we stayed like that until I was fine to fly back to Hometree.