20. PUBLIC ENEMY

CHAPTER TWENTY
[PUBLIC ENEMY]

CHAPTER TWENTY[PUBLIC ENEMY]

Molly woke up with a yawn. The room was well lit with the natural sun, and she glanced over at the lock. Eight in the morning. She didn't even remember falling asleep, she just remembers feeling petrified about letting her guard down.

She sat up quickly as she remembers why she was so scare of falling asleep.

A folded blanket was sat on the sofa instead of Kai.

"Shit." Molly whispers, pushing her covers off of her and rushing over to her door, but stops when she felt a cold breeze. She turns around to see the window wide open. She clenched her jaw and walks over to shut it.

Molly scrolls through her Facebook for a little bit, she seems to have missed quite a bit.

She didn't want to go downstairs. She knew that if she went downstairs, she'd be confronted with problems. And the best way to deal with problems is to hide in your room and not deal with them.

But she couldn't fall back into that habit, not even with these circumstances. She got dressed, did her hair, did her makeup. She looked presentable for the first time in a while.

Molly walked out of her bedroom and down the long hall. Tyler's door opened and he stops her in the hall. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"I need clothes." Molly responds.

"You can't go right now." Tyler says.

Molly narrows her eyebrows at him. "What? Why not?"

"No one knows where Kai is." He says.

Molly swallows. "So what?"

"So, there's no way I'm letting you go out by yourself." Tyler says, crossing his arms.

"Okay, mom." Molly tries to walk past him but he steps in front of her. She rolls her eyes annoyedly. "I handled Kai by myself for almost a year. I think I'll be okay going to the mall for an hour."

"Sorry." Tyler says.

Molly's phone starts to ring and she lets out a frustrated sigh before answering it. "What?" She says, taking her anger out on whoever was calling her.

"Good morning to you too." Damon says.

"Who is it?" Tyler asks.

"Shut up." Molly says.

"No, you." Damon says through the phone.