The Hangman

"Three years ago, on May 26, 2016, Francis Sylvester was arrested and imprisoned for illegally transporting stolen goods into the country, and for rebrading and selling the said goods. But on February 15, 2018, the charges were established as false and Francis Sylvester was released from prison. The state even awarder him handsomely for assisting and investigating the charges against him, and coming up with the real culprit.

That was all a lie.

Francis Sylvester was guilty, of what was charged against him and more. The charges were dropped after he begged a favor of an ally, someone who pulled strings, had thw charges dropped, and framed someone else.

Whoever it was that did him the favor had to be some rich, secretive and powerful somebody. I bet it's related to Gabel's disappearance." Horace explained proudly to the group.

"Quiet the collection of information. "Sam commented.,"I disagree though. Whatever happened to Gabel is due to something else."

"Sam's right."  Rose said. "Markus? You okay?"

"Oh yeah!" he replied, "I just have a lot on my mind."

"Like for example?" Sam asked.

"PE", Markus replied, "I haven't got the slightest clue on what exactly I'm supposed to do."

"It's easy", Horace laughed, "just do a little exercise and play a few sports."

"That's the problem," Markus pinched the bridge of his nose, "I'm supposed to play basketball, however I've never played before, nor have I been to any games. I learned some rules last night but-"

"-your afraif people will make fun of you if you can't play," Rose finished his sentence.

"I've been there before", Caleb munched on some fries, "then I got booted by the popular people  and ended up here. And here is where I met Horace, I could never have gotten through anything without you," he looked Horace in the eye and gave him a light kiss.

"See it's not such a bad thing," Sam added.

"Oh...my god!", Horace stared in the direction of the hall, "the devil walks among us."

Sierra Sylvester walked down the hall to Markus, wearing her cheerleader's uniform. It was red and gold, combined with white shoes and Sierra's dark red hair and lipstick.

"Hey Markus!" she cheerfully gave him a friendly smile, totally ignoring Rose, Caleb, Sam and Horace who stood behind him.

"What do you want?" Markus asked.

"Nothing", she replied, "I just took it upon myself to remind you that the spot you'll be filling in is a very important one."

"What spot?" Markus asked confused.

"You didn't hear?" Sierra smirked, "they're holding tryouts for the team."

"What does that have to do with Markus?" Rose asked.

"What does any of this have to do with you?" Sierra replied in a passive aggressive tone.

"Hey!" Markus broke them off, "I'm not trying out for the team."

"You are", Sierra replied, her smile now a serious straight face, "so you better not let me down."

She left them all wondering in confusion while she made her way to the gym.

The gym was of normal size for a basketball court, some students were seated on the bleachers, the boys were getting ready on the floor, the cheerleaders, including Sierra were getting ready.