Prologue

Camille O'Connell had just finished a session with Klaus Mikaelson. They often sat together and had conversations, which were interesting, but other times these visits would mainly consist of Klaus pacing furiously and going over something that had been racing through his mind. Today Klaus was in a somewhat good mood, and they had managed to have a pleasant conversation together. 

 Cami had planned on walking herself out and going straight home, but she stopped when she saw Freya. She was sitting at a table, looking at what looked to be some photographs. 

 "You find something interesting?" Cami asked her. 

 "Well, I had some old photos that I wanted to look through," Freya explained. "But I just found this one. I have no idea who this man is." 

 She held up a black-and-white photograph. It was a man Cami had never seen before. He had to have been around forty at the time the picture was taken, and it looked like he had dark hair and light-colored eyes. 

 "I don't know. I guess we could ask Klaus," Cami suggested. "He's in a more agreeable mood today than he was the last time I was here." 

 "Yeah, I guess I could. He must have been someone important if one of my siblings was holding onto his picture," Freya pointed out. 

 "Afternoon." Elijah Mikaelson had walked into the room and came up behind them. "Found anything interesting laying around?" 

 "Actually, we have." Freya held out the photo. "Do you know who this is? I found it with a few other old pictures."

 Elijah reached out and took the photo from her. Taking it in his own hands, he stared down at it. 

 "I didn't realize this was still here," he said. "I thought Niklaus must have found it and gotten rid of it." 

 "But who is he?" Cami asked. "And why wouldn't Klaus want any pictures of him around?" 

 "His name was Peter Stone," Elijah answered. "It was something that happened many years ago, between him and I."