Chips Bettigan X Reader

Requested by Starlings4Ever

There's a party tonight, And not just any party. It's THE party.
The Second anniversary of The events of Cuphead. And Chips still doesn't have a date.
He's asked everyone he knows, but they're either already taken, or busy.

All except for (y/n).
But (y/n)? She's Dice's Ex. Why would she want to go with a guy who works for her ex and go to a party where he will be at?
But he's out of options. He can't just go alone. It would be weird...even  Hoppus, Of all people, found a date.
Chips was desperate and he's so close to salvation with one of the prettiest girls he's set his eyes on.
Of course she's been his first choice, but every time he looks to her door, he just feels the rejection without even talking to her.

At home, he calls her number, but only to let it ring once and hang up.
Letting his confidence rise and fall with each call he had attempted to make.

You weren't oblivious to the calls or any of his attempts.
They were all seen, and to be honest, they were kind of cute.

And when he finally came to the door and actually didn't chicken out you made up your mind and let the guy take you out.

"Sure." You say.
"Wait what?" Chips was taken aback.
"Yeah I'll go."
"You're not worried about who will be there?"
"I forgot about that guy years ago, Chips. Its not like it's gonna be a huge scene that breaks out when he and me are in the same room."
"Wow. I um. I'll pick you up at 7."
"7 and no later."
"Right."
As you closed the door, chips rejoices in the silent porch and skipped happily home.
"Finally a date! And it's with (y/n)!"