Chapter seven

Stark Industries or Avengers tower wasn't as grand as I expected it to be, although when you do see a floating tower in space, then well, nothing is as amazing as it once would have been.

When peter and I walked in, the receptionist waved at peter, but gave me a curious look.

"Hey Maggie, this is Dick Grayson, he's interning for Bruce."

Maggie nodded in acknowledgment.

We scanned our badges, a voice that sounded painfully like a female Alfred came through a set of speakers. "Peter Parker-stark, Alpha level, accepted, welcome back peter"

"Thanks fri"

I scanned my badge. "Dick Grayson, alpha level, accepted, Hello, it's nice to meet you dick"

"Um thanks?"

"My name is Female Replacement Intelligent Digital Assistant Youth, or FRIDAY, I run the digital aspect of stark industries under the direction of Tony and Pepper Stark themselves, but I can also be of use to anything you need dick"

"Thanks Friday"

"My pleasure"

Peter and I continued to the elevators, passing several employees who waved at peter.

The ride up was somewhat underwhelming as I took in the clear box shaped elevator, that gave you the view of the entire tower. 

We arrived in the common room about ten minutes later, almost the whole team was gathered there, watching Clint lose to Sam.

"Hey kid, and other kid" tony said. "How was school?"

"It was fine, we got a new project from Mr. Herrington, where we put all the elements on the periodic table and label them." Peter explained

"I kinda zoned out at school because I learned that stuff years ago" I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Years ago?" Tony asked "that school is for really smart kids"

"Or rich kids" I heard peter say under his breath.

"I don't know in my universe I'm probably the smartest kid at my prep school, but I mean I'm smart but I'm not a genius"

"If you're so smart why are you still in prep school?" Bruce asked

"To keep up appearances, my adoptive father is probably one of the most recognizable faces in the whole city, same as me, and everyone thinks he's an airhead billionaire, I have to down play my smarts a little so nobody will figure out that I'm robin"

"But why go through all that trouble? I don't have a secret identity and yet I'm one of the most recognized people in this city." Tony asked

"Well you don't live in Gotham, compared to there, this city is a happy zero crime place, if people found out who I was, I'd probably die, and my dad would either go to jail or die too, I mean if they ever caught us, but still there isn't a lot of places where people don't know us"

"What do you mean if they caught you?" Natasha asked

"Batman has a contingency plan for everything, whether it be the city finds out who we are, and we go into hiding, or if one of the justice league were to go rouge. It's part of the reason I had civvies in my belt"

The avengers were all starring at me with some shock and a little bit of awe.

"Is there anything you're not prepared for?" Clint asked, having paused his game to listen. 

I had to think about that for a second. "I'm not prepared to go swimming, but my suit is waterproof and I have a breather in my belt, I guess not really anything, except I don't carry an actual bathing suit"

"I'm also a hacker, a very good one at that"

"A hacker? You can't be that good"

"I'm pretty good at what I do, I mean I don't know if SHIELD's defenses are very good but I hacked them in about two minutes, it was easy really"

"Wait you mean to tell me that you hacked SHIELD?" Clint asked

"Yes, tell me tony how good is your defenses against your AI"

"Unhackable" He said with a hint of pride

"Okay, challenge accepted." I walked out of the room, and then back in with my hologlove in hand.

I slipped it on my hand, and pulled up my hacking program, then I searched for the AI known as FRIDAY.

My hack took about two minutes hardly any slower than SHIELD, I typed in I WIN into the protocol for the AI and the words echoed around the room.

Natasha had a look of approval on her face.

She walked up to me and put an arm around me, "you know what kid, I like you"

I smirked.

Tony just stared at me dumbfounded and I was proud that I could just annoy him, but I had to get my cover in order so I asked

"So what about this cover, do I actually do intern work or" I trailed off.

"Do you want to do intern work with Bruce?" Tony asked "I mean it's a lot of science work"

"Yeah sure, plus it's easy to not forget his name"

"Why?" Bruce asked

"Because Bruce is my dad's name"

Silence ensued after. Peter broke it

"Dick said he could take the whole team on, with full power and strength all at the same time"

"You couldn't take on Steve and win, let alone all of us at once" Tony said skeptically.

"Oh yeah? Try me" I stated with a confident smirk.

After all the avengers agreed to it, I put in a rule.

"Now I know I may look young , but what I lack in age I gain in experience, do not hold back, I wanna see your full potential, I promise you won't be able to hurt me" I confidently said.

All around the room I saw reluctant I nods. "Good so gear up, and I assume you all have a training room?"

Peter nodded. "I'll show you once I'm dressed."

I walked to my room, and geared up, leaving the mask off, because it was a simple training exercise.

I put on some sweat pants and a t-shirt, clicking my utility belt into place, and putting my gloves on as well.

Once I was ready I walked out into the common room to see peter also in sweat clothes but with some contraption on his wrists.

"What are those?" I asked pointing to the contraptions

"Oh these are my web shooters, see" he pointed to the wall and what looked like a web line shot out of his wrists.

OH I get it, they shoot webs because he's SPIDER-man, that makes more sense.

I have to take out those so he has to rely on his super strength, I know from the files I stole off shield that he can stick to walls and is very strong.

This is gonna be a piece of cake compared to the justice league, at least they present a little bit of a challenge.