Chapter 11

Unknown

She climbed the rock higher, panting. This is so difficult, she thought. But she was determined to get to the top. She lifted her long skirt and tied it to the side. Then she picked up her phone, a selfie stick, a bottle of water and continued her trek up the cliff. "This damned skirt. By the time I reach, my makeup would have been smeared off due to this heat. How can I take pictures then? Ugh I wish I brought my makeup kit," she said out loud even though she was alone. After more than thirty minutes of trying to get on top, she finally succeeded. The view was marvellous. She instantly took a picture of the view. From below, the cliff seemed like it was pointed, and small. But getting nearer, it widened. Now on the cliff she wondered why it was called that. Because It was more like a mountain. The whole forest was clearly visible from up there.

"Thank God," she said and sat down taking a sip of water. "Yes! There's signal. Woohoo." She shouted. She quickly began taking photos and logged in to her YouTube page and started a live video. "Hi everyone. Ok, so, we're finally at the camp. It's been so hectic. I mean, I'm literally... whew. Plus the sun is scorching hot. I'm at a cliff right now, because this is the only place we can get signal. Guys, I can't show you anything yet, because I haven't taken any videos and stuff. But as soon as I get back, I would takes lots of photos and videos, and send it to you guys. It's so frustrating---"

She paused and frantically began looking sideways. "What was that? Oh guys, I'm sorry, I thought I heard a noise. Anyways, as I was saying... Ahh. Uhmmm." A large hand covered her mouth from behind as she dropped her phone and her muffled sounds filled the air. She struggled but her hands were held together firmly and she was dragged off the cliff.

~~~~~

She woke up in a dark room. She looked around frantically. There was enough light from outside. There was nobody in sight. The room was so cold, she shivered. Silent sobs escaped her lips. Why did I have to leave, she thought silently. Why? I could have gone with Jams or Nat. Sarah specifically begged me not to go alone. I should have told her I was going. She would sure tag along. To hell with popularity. To hell with fame. Just then, she remembered her phone and quickly searched her pockets. They were empty. Fear gripped her once more, as she remembered her phone slipping away from her hands. Now she was all alone. Nobody could help.

She prayed they found her before it was too late. Who took her? She didn't see the person's face, but she was sure it was a man. Was he a kidnapper? But why would he kidnap her? For ransom, here out of nowhere? It didn't make sense, so no. It wasn't that. Was it a rapist? Or a serial killer? She had read news and seen movies about these criminals. Some of them liked to keep their victims in a room and even feed them. In an article she read, it said that those were the ones who needed help the most. Because they were in desperate need for love, someone to love. So they would kidnap girls and try to mould them into their perfect women. One mistake from the girls was enough for drastic consequences. These criminals wanted a robotic-like woman, to control to their will.

She hoped it was not the case. She wouldn't allow herself to be turned into a perfect wife or sex slave. No way. She would fight till the end. As she fiddled with her fingers, different suggestions on why she was taken crossed her mind. Were her friends looking for her, she kept thinking. If they were, then it wouldn't be long before she was found.

Not long after, she managed to doze off. Her head had been aching so bad, coupled with a sore leg. A crack jolted her back to the land of the living. She pressed herself together against the wall. A boy came in. More like a teenager. She was startled. "Here." He said and tossed towards her a plate.

"Wait. Please, help me. Why did you take me? Please. I'm begging you." But he turned and left, locking the door behind him. She ran to the door and banged it with all her strength. It didn't bulge not even a creak. She knew there was nothing she could do. The food he brought was there, on the floor. Her stomach rumbled a little as she clutched it. Only God knew how many hours it had been since she ate last. But she didn't want to, feeling suspicious of everything.

She decided to check the room for any object to use in case. She rumbled through the drawers but found nothing. Being a very small room, there was nothing much to look. She ran to the window. May be I should shout for help? She thought. Quickly, she changed her mind. Shouting will attract the boy quicker than anyone, if anyone even heard. The window was barricaded with a iron bars horizontally and vertically. She tug at it to no avail. Outside, was a bin in sight, a shovel lying carelessly on the ground and a small bucket. If only I got my hands on that shovel, she hissed. Wiping tears from her eyes, she looked again. There was nothing again except a wide array of trees stretching deep into the forest. At least she was still in the forest.

At last, she became exhausted and fell on the cold floor, sobbing. "Why? Why me? What have I done? What will become of me?" She whispered to herself.

Even though she didn't want to admit it, she knew it would be a long time before she saw the rays od sunshine ever again. If she even did.