Could This Be Real?

Ebony's POV

I was sitting in the Great Hall for dinner  when an owl flies over dropping a letter in my lap. My heart leaped into my throat. Draco! I slit the envelope quickly and take out the letter. I unfolded it and start to read.

Ebony,

Sorry I haven't been talking to you and Blaise in a while. I've had some things to do. Come to the Room of Requirement at 11 o'clock tonight. I want to show you something. You cannot tell a soul what this is about. Understand? See you soon.

Draco

I stared at the letter. Something to show me? He never confides in me. I wonder what this is about. Why the Room of Requirement? There is certainly something up with Draco. By then I finished my meal so I stood up and tucked the letter in my back pocket. I walk out and head for the common room.

"Ebony!" I hear from behind me. I turn and see Blaise running towards me. "Have you heard from Draco?"

"Yeah I just got a letter from him. He's okay thank goodness."

"Do you know where he is?"

"He's in the castle but apparently he's busy." I shrug pretending it makes no difference to me.

"I guess that's good. I'm going to go check on Larah. You can come if you want."

I honestly don't get what Blaise sees in her. She doesn't even act like a real Slytherin. I should know since I'm the queen of that house. I pretty much rule the school. Everyone is afraid of me. They should be anyway. I smile to myself thinking of it.

"Go do what you want," I say to Blaise. "I have things to do that has nothing to do with that girl."

Blaise gives me a look before walking away. I disregard him and I head for the common room again. I hear noises near Snape's classroom and when I get closer I notice some Ravenclaw girl mixing a potion. I open the door loudly making her jump.

"Excuse me but no one is allowed in here except for me," I say glaring at her.

All she does is smile at me. "I'm nearly done."

What the hell? Why isn't she afraid of me? "Hurry up and skedaddle out of here."

She shrugs and continues what she's doing. I stand by the door and impatiently start tapping my foot. God this girl is annoying. She looks up at me when she's done and corks her vial. "Now out!" I growl at her.

Whoever she is stands and walks out. "It's about time," I mumble to myself. I watch her leave to make sure she does. Once she disappears from view I go to the portrait hole.

"Password?" the picture says.

"Snakeskin," I say and it swings open to let me in.

I walk in and settle on the couch. I lay down and close my eyes ready for a nap.

Rivers's POV

That girl was rude, I thought to myself as I left the cauldron in Snape's classroom. I start thinking about what the potion is for. I really want Mason to stop acting like a git and actually fall for me. That kiss was amazing. Everything I ever thought a first kiss would be like. I honestly wish Mason would give in. Good thing we studied Amortentia in Potion's class. Maybe it will help.

I accidentally bump into somebody. "Oh sorry!" I exclaim. I look down to see another girl in Gryffindor robes. She had fiery red hair and I noticed freckles on her face.

"It's okay," she said back.

I smile at her and give her a hand to help her up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for the help."