Chapter 2: Crafty Chat's Counter Attack

Marinette had kissed him.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the shyest, sweetest, girl he has ever known had stormed into the boys' locker room, pinned him down, and kissed him.

It was all he could think about. Literally. He couldn't tell you what happened in school that day because he was too busy replaying that kiss over and over again. the warmth that seeped through his collar where she grabbed him, the feel of her soft, soft, soft lips against his, the sugary sweet taste she had left behind, and the sparks that fizzled all over his body at the fact that she had kissed him!

And he couldn't understand why.

Marinette has never been able to look at him in the eye before, or really talk to him, or even wave back to him. In fact just a few weeks ago she hid behind Alya when she saw him through a train carriage window...and yet she marched into the boys' locker rooms and kissedhim. Not only that but she kissed him fiercely, Adrien never thought Marinette had an aggressive bone in her body before this but that kiss certainly proved him wrong....

"Aw come on, kid!" Plagg flew into his face. "Snap out of it! You've been acting like a zombie all day!"

"Huh?" Adrien blinked and then instantly realised how close Plagg actually was to him as their noses were almost touching which caused him to leap back. "Ah!" he yelped slightly. "Sorry! Sorry! I was just thinking about Marinette."

"I noticed," Plagg said dryly, "though I'm not entirely sure if thinking is the correct word for it."

Adrien flushed hotly at that. He was all too aware (now) how stupid he had been acting today as Nino had to guide him back to class and stop him from colliding into walls whenever he caught sight of Marinette's pigtails and signature pink jeans. "It's just that she kissed me!" he cried out.

"I know," Plagg said flatly, "I was there, remember? You flopped about unattractively like a fish." He then snickered at that. Plagg always took great amusement in Adrien's humiliation....the evil little bugger.

"She just marched right into the boys' locker room," Adrien continued, "and kissed me! In front of everyone!"

"I know!" Plagg rolled his eyes. "I was there!"

"Yes," Adrien snapped irritably as he tugged at his hair, "but why did she kiss me, Plagg?!"

"How should I know?" Plagg shrugged uncaringly. "I don't live in her head. The only way you can know is just ask her."

Adrien looked up at that with a thoughtful expression that was rapidly turning into a mischievous grin. "Yeah," he said, "you're right."

"Of course I'm right," Plagg said arrogantly, "now that that is settled could you fetch me some cheese? I'm starving!"

"Sure," Adrien stood up and brushed his jeans down, "soon after I've talked to Marinette about the kiss. Plagg!" he immediately threw himself into his transforming pose. "Transform Me!"

"Wait!" Plagg cried out in alarm. "Why would you talk to her as Chat Noir?! That would be a really baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-"