Chapter 4: Adrien's Terrible Test

Chat Noir's brain had gone completely blank.

One moment he was being his usual awesome self and then the next he was being kissed by Ladybug....

He had just been kissed by Ladybug.

Ladybug had kissed him.

Ladybug, the beautiful, amazing, awe-inspiring, independent, strong, clever, witty, perfect, superhero had just kissed him, Chat Noir, the bringer of bad luck.

Chat felt his legs give out as he slid against the rough brick wall and fell onto the comfortingly solid floor. His head spun wildly making his brain dizzy as he tried to remember every little detail of this utterly impossible and fantastical event. He had always dreamed of kissing Ladybug but never did he think that he would ever get the chance to do so.

His Lady had just kissed him....

"OH MY GOD!" Alya squealed excitedly. Unfortunately for Chat, he had forgotten he was still in school and that meant as soon as she could get down from her hiding spot on balcony, Alya had ambushed him. "Chat Noir!" she grabbed his hand roughly and shook it hastily without battering an eyelid about the fact that he was still sitting on the floor shell shocked about the fact Ladybug had just kissed him! "I'm Alya from the Ladyblog, could I ask you some questions? Was that your first kiss with Ladybug?" Alya immediately fired off before Chat could answer. "Are you two in a relationship? How long have you been in a relationship? Is it serious? Do you know each other's identities? Are we to expect a Superhero wedding sometime in the future?!"

Chat wasn't listening as his mind was entirely on the steely look of stubborn resolution that had been in his Lady's eyes. It was such a familiar look and he couldn't help but feel he had seen it somewhere else recently. He then remembered the warmth that seeped into his suit where Ladybug had grabbed him at his collar, and the aggressive way she kissed him but the contradictory softness of her lips. Her soft, soft, soft lips that caused sparks to fizzle throughout his body and spark out his brain, and then of course there was that sugary sweet aftertaste that she had left on his lips (yes, he licked them to savour the kiss, so what?) that reminded him so much of -

Chat Noir's eyes widened in realisation. "...Marinette?" he whispered disbelievingly.

No, no, that can't be right. Marinette couldn't be Ladybug. It couldn't be that simple. It was never that simple in Chat's life. It was simply a coincidence. People kiss the same way. It's not like its fingerprints where each and every one is unique. Everyone's lips must feel the same and cause the same feelings and taste the same.....right? Right?!

"No," Alya scowled, disappointment and frustration laced her voice, "I'm Alya, remember?"

And that was when Chat Noir realised that he was still sitting in school with a crowd beginning to grow around him as the most persistent journalist of Paris was trying to question his relationship with Ladybug.

He had to get out of there!

Chat Noir leaped up and bowed slightly in Alya's direction. "Pardon me Mademoiselle Journalist," he said politely, "I wish I could answer your questions but a cat never kisses and tells. Cat you later!"

And with that he enlarged his baton and began to leap away before his transformation wore off and Alya got a real scoop that would certainly end any chances of getting another kiss from Ladybug. His mind blanked out as he tried to not think about Ladybug and Marinette and their eerily similar kisses until he was in the safety of his own bedroom (and not like to accidentally walk off a roof or something as he relived the best experiences of his short life). Before he knew it he was home and just as he collapsed onto his bed his ring beeped one last final time and Plagg burst out of it like a firework.