7; Mia!

P-Pregnant!??

"M-Mia!" My eyes widened.

Mia pulled me into a tight hug and cried on my shoulder. I wanted to cry with her, but I had to be strong and supportive.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok. Alright? " I sigh.

"Y-Yeah, " Mia, sobs

After a long bit of silence I ask,

"How long have you known? "

"A couple of weeks. . ." Mia sniffles.

"Hmm, "

(Time skip brought to you by my lazy as--)

"Alex and I were arguing because I found out he was fucking two other women, and I told him that I was done for good. . . a-and he. . . he took me and threw me onto the couch. . . I tried so hard to stop him, I hit and scratched him but. . . he didn't stop. . . it was so painful!" Mia whipped at her cheeks.

"Oh my god, Mia that is awful! " I say.

By this time I grabbed more tissues from the box on the coffee table and hand them to Mia.

"You know what? You can stay with us!" I smile.

"T-Thank you but I can't, really, " Mia gives a weak smile.

"Yes you can, " I nod.

"Alex would notice me not at my apartment or at work! " Mia laughed awkwardly.

"True, but! If he tries coming here you know what Dad, Conner, and I would do, " I reassured her.

"Y-Your right. . . as long as I'm not a burden! " Mia smiled.

"You? Never! Why would you be? " I asked.

"You don't mind if Mia stays, right Conner? " I look at him.

"Of course not! " Conner blinked.

"See? " I said, " Dad would say the same thing! "

"Ok, ok. But can you please come with me to my apartment, I'll have to grab a few things, " Mia asked.

"Of course, " I rested my hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, (y/n). " Mia smiled.

"Your welcome, " I stood. " I'm gonna take a quick shower. "

I went into my room and as I grabbed an outfit, the door opened and closed again, I looked behind me, it was Conner.

"(Y/n), Mia can have the guest bedroom, " Conner  said.

"No Conner, that's ok she can have my bed. I thought I'd sleep in your room,  you know. . . with you! " I smiled.

"Oh, ok. I mean if you think that would be better, " Conner said.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before walking into the bathroom. I turned the water on and stepped in.

When I got out I found Mia and Conner playing with Sumo. It was sweet, seeing them actually interact—Mia and Conner that is.

I turn and go into my room throwing on my vans and head back into the living room.

"So, you ready? " I ask.

"Uh, yeah, " Mia stands.

"Conner, wanna come?" I ask.

"Oh no, you two need some alone time," Conner rubs Sumo's stomach.

"Ok, well see you in a bit! " I smile.

Mia and I head out and to her apartment.

"All I need is some clothes and my bathroom essentials, " Mia unlocks the door.