gold

Even after all of the years that they've known each other, even after all of the years that they've been together, Kihyun still finds it so hard to believe sometimes, the duality of Hoseok.

It's still amazing to him how in one moment, Hoseok can be the intense, passionate performer with the fiery gaze, the muscular dreamboat covered in sweat and radiating ferocity and charisma, and in the next, he becomes the big, dumb, cuddly bunny currently wrapped around Kihyun like the fluffiest, warmest of blankets, nothing more than the world's biggest and softest marshmallow.

They're on a schedule abroad, and Kihyun had been sitting alone in his hotel room, innocently reviewing the pictures on his camera that he had taken earlier that day, pictures that he had taken of Hoseok, his favorite person, the muse who best brings out Kihyun's creativity and artistic vision. Kihyun has gotten a lot braver about sharing his photos of Hoseok, too, but that's not something that he's really ready to think about just yet, what it means, the way that he's secretly proud to show off Hoseok's insane, unbelievable beauty to the world, and to show off that it's all for him and only for him to truly enjoy.

Hoseok had certainly enjoyed their little photoshoot today immensely, and as always, he had asked Kihyun to select a few of the best shots to post for their fans, and Kihyun had set about the task with full seriousness, had been spending nearly an hour now flipping through the dozens and dozens of gorgeous shots, gorgeous not so much because of Kihyun's own skills (though he does think that he's getting a lot better at this whole artistic photographer thing) but because of the subject himself, the subject who had, shortly after they had arrived back from their schedules, snuck over to Kihyun's room even though they were all supposed to be sleeping separately.

And now, they're both sitting around in the comfort of just t-shirts and underwear, the makeup and the pressure and the anxiety, the masks that they all wear to hide themselves all washed away, and Hoseok's got his dopey face buried in Kihyun's neck, though he's not even doing anything exciting, just breathing in Kihyun's scent and nosing at the sensitive skin beneath Kihyun's ear, his breath tickling Kihyun and making Kihyun squirm, making him blush, Kihyun growing increasingly frustrated as Hoseok laughs quietly, until Kihyun turns and pushes Hoseok away, unable to hide his own smile and the affectionate shine to his eyes.

Hoseok doesn't say anything after that, just keeps watching Kihyun with this look in his eyes, this look that he gets sometimes, a look reserved only for Kihyun, a look made for Kihyun, a look full to the brim with any number of mushy, cringey, lovey-dovey things that Kihyun can't bring himself to think about, can't bring himself to fully detangle. It's hard to accept it sometimes, the intensity of the way that Hoseok looks at him, the way that it feels like Hoseok is making love to him with his eyes, and that thought alone makes Kihyun's heart race, makes him feel so embarrassed that he thinks he could die right here, right now from the heat of it.

And Kihyun is really trying so, so hard to focus on what he's doing, to focus only on his camera, but he can feel Hoseok's eyes still on him, and that look, and it's only making Kihyun blush harder, making him feel like he's touched a live wire, his skin feeling hot and electric, yearning with a need to be touched, to be close to the very same one who's watching him so intensely and making him feel this way.

Hoseok waits a few moments, a few long, tense moments in which Kihyun is entirely aware of Hoseok still staring at him and not paying attention at all to the pictures that he's swiping through on his camera, Hoseok's gaze like something physical that he can feel touching him, Kihyun hypersensitive to every tiny move that Hoseok makes as he adjusts on the bed, moving back in closer to Kihyun and wrapping his strong arms around Kihyun's tiny waist, pulling Kihyun in close at his side, resting his face on Kihyun's shoulder and going right back in to nuzzle Kihyun's neck, this time complete with fluttery, feathery kisses that are so soft, so gentle that they make Kihyun feel an intense rush of emotions, make Kihyun feel like he wants to cry because it's such a loving gesture, and Kihyun shivers, dropping his camera onto the bed and turning to face Hoseok, planting his hands on Hoseok's firm chest and pushing him back so that they can finally look into each other's eyes.